First AF after MMC

bluesky

Reaction score
Just posted in mc support

I started bleeding yesterday bit heavier than normal but ok, so today I have just passed a lot of clots and a small peice of tissue (which I knew I had left in there)

Does this sound like what your first AF's were like? Its like the aftermath of the miscarriage.

Going to hospital on wednesday for another scan so will ask them but would like to know what you ladies think as I get better answers here than from the medical proffesionals

Thanks x

My first AF was sorta like that- heavier and twice as long in duration. I didnt pass any clots while on my period but 10 days after the flow had stopped. It took 2 cycles to stop passing clots....
hope this helps!
hugs

I've not had my first af yet since my mmc but what you're describing is exactly what I was told to expect from my first af :thumbup:

Thanks girls, im just pleased that my body is getting back to normal.

My first AF after both of my losses was exactly like all of my other AFs. It came much later, 8 weeks after the first mc and 7 weeks after the second mc, but the flow was the same. I didn't have any clots or tissue. Are you sure this is AF? If there was tissue, this could still be the miscarriage completing itself. Blood labs that check your hcg can tell you.

How long ago was your loss? I'm so sorry to hear about it. Have you seen this website? I found it very helpful:
https://www.pregnancyloss.info/first_period.htm

Hi Hearttree

loss was 7 weeks ago, I know there was a bit of retained tissue, and have had a scan every 2 weeks after mc, (got another on weds)

When I saw consultant last week they said that period could come anytime even though I had retained products and positive hpt.

Yes I have read that website its helpful.

x

Good, I'm glad you are getting regular scans. I had hcg in my system after my first AF. I hope you are able to get some answers on Wednesday. Good luck hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->