First and last name with same letter?

red_head

Reaction score
what are people’s opinions? I’ve found it so hard to chose a boys name but we think we have found one. We are going to have a back up in case this isn’t his name when we meet him though. But we do both love it.
First name would be Harrison, middle name William (I don’t actually like that name but it’s a family tradition for my husband and I don’t feel I can say no) and surname would be Hills.
So Harrison Hills.
Also I know people would shorten it to Harry even though I’m not keen not that, which is another worry. Plus the comedian Harry Hill.
Too weird?

First, I wanna say I am SOOOO happy for you!!!!! I have been following your story since the beginning and am overjoyed to see you get your rainbow. You're gonna be the best mom! And I love the name Harrison Hills!!! I taught public education and had a student named Harrison. No one ever called him Harry, either. Love the name.

Thank you Ladylovenox I remember you from way back :)
My mum is a teacher too and I worry as she’s worked with so many children and their names can get so tainted - but she said she’s known one Harrison too and that he was the loveliest little boy :) so it seem to have good vibes!

Thank you both xx

We also have a H surname and liked a few H first names but were put off by the HH. We ended up choosing Finley.

I do love the name Harrison though! It was one of my choices. In reality not many people will be calling him by his first and last name, so I think it'll be fine!

Thank you :) I’m a little worried it’ll give him a stutter!! Lol! Completely irrational and it wouldn’t matter anyway.
Finley is lovely :) one of our friends little boys is called that x

My surname also starts with H and ends with S & I found it super tricky to pair an H name with my Surname which was/is a shame as I love H names.

Your surname however works extremely well with the name Harrison. I’d go for it!

Thank you all. I am liking it more and more, and have started calling him it accidentally. Hubby did first and it made me cry I loved hearing it so much! I’m just worried in case it’s not his name when we meet him now so am trying to find suitable back ups just in case! :) xx

I like it, I have a cousin called Harrison but nobody ever called him Harry, if it gets shortened they call him Sonny. Sonny Hills just makes me smile, sounds like the name of a pretty painting :)

I love alliteration names! Harrison Hills is a super cute name!

We’ve actually Gone off it now as the royal baby has it has a middle name and it’s gotten really popular since. I’m panicking as I can’t find another name I love and he’s due in three weeks now!

Ooo I do hate the royals for making names popular !! We liked Charlotte but then the princess was born !

Your name choice is lovely and goes well with your surname !

If you're looking for more alliterations...

Hunter Hills
Henry Hills
Harlow Hills
Hendrix Hills
Hayden Hills
Hamilton Hills
Harvey Hills
Hudson Hills (my fav)
Henley Hills

Good luck! Hills definitely goes with a lot of names!

Aww that’s sad that you’re off that name now. But if you want suggestions that are similar in syllables or sound that fit so nicely with Hills:

Grayson Hills
Emerson Hills
Tyson Hills
Hudson Hills
Jameson Hills
Jenson Hills
Mason Hills
Patterson Hills
Dawson Hills
Jackson Hills

My daughters first and last name start with R so they're the same:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->