First and middle name ending with same letters?

Loubie_2012

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Ideally I'd like two names for both a boy and girl to choose from when they are born so that we can see what name fits. I find girls names quite easy to come up with but am struggling with boys names. We've got a while yet but when I'm looking we're restricted as if it's a boy the middle name will definitely be Walker (my maiden name) and I keep thinking it might sound weird to have the first and middle names ending with the same sound. What do you think? The baby wouldn't often be called by it's middle name but it will be used sometimes and I'm thinking it might look weird do you agree?

For example I quite like the name Asher but is Asher Walker Cowin too much?

We struggle with 'K' sounding names as well because of our surname, I like the name Kellan but Kellan Cowin is a bit of a mouth full.

I'm liking Jaxon too but scared it might become popular and don't want our baby to be known as 'Jaxon C' in school because there are so many but DH is keen on the name so it is a definite option.

I don't think Asher Walker Cowin sounds odd at all - I actually think it flows rather nicely

I agree Kellan Cowin is too much though

Jaxon Cowin has the double -un sound at the end - I'd be more aware of first and last names doing this than first and middle honestly.

Some other options:
Bradley Walker Cowin
Lucas Walker Cowin
Finley Walker Cowin

Hhmmm... I personally wouldn't go with Asher Walker bc of the double -er sound. I also wouldn't go with Jaxon Cowin bc of the double -in sound at the end. And Kellan Cowin is def a mouthful bc it starts the same AND ends the same. :nope:

I wouldn't worry about the "too popular" thing - chances are whatever you name him there will be another child, at some point, with the same name in his class. My son's name became super popular in the past few years - like Top 10 popular! Yet, he has not (yet) had a child in the class with the same name. On the other hand, there are currently two BOYS in his class both named Justice!! And two kids at his daycare named Lennox! Both of these names are quite uncommon, and yet coincidentally they ended up together. :shrug: So, you never really know!

When I was picking his name - I wanted Tyler Christopher but decided against it due to the double -er. So, I was in the same boat as you!

Some suggestions:

Riley Walker Cowin
Maddox Walker Cowin
Leo Walker Cowin
Elijah Walker Cowin

Thanks for your replies!

It's funny you've both pointed out names that I like: Lucas, Finley, Maddox and Riley. DH doesn't like Maddox and I like Lucas or Luca but know it will end up being shortened to Luke which I wouldn't want. Funnily enough I like Lennox! It's not common over here but the drawback with that one is the nickname Lennie which I don't like.

Riley and Finley feel 'right' to me but it was the popularity thing that was putting me off - I suppose you're right we can never guess what people are going to end up with and as long as we like it it's all that matters!

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"