First appointment nerves

annanouska

Reaction score
:flower: I have pottered about here now and then and have just had my first appointment through. It is with the paediatric neuro disability team. Tis is my first appointment directed by the hv we have had physio seperate.

What should I expect? I. Thinking they will ask some questions maybe observe him and that's it? Tbh I expect to be sent home again :shrug:

I don't really know what additional needs he may have (big may) but he has always been different and I can't quite put a finger on it.

He never had any stranger anxiety at all tho this is just starting now. He had 9/10 words at 13 months now has none at all tho will saynhiya now and then out of context. He has just learnt to point recently and walk at 18 mo. he ages being restricted eg gates or a pen or held for a hug if not in mood. He doesn't play with other children and if they get too close he head butts or shoves (used to bite) BUT....he has great eye contact, he laughs and interacts with you on his terms, he seems switched on for some things, eg trying to get key in door.

Is just odd.i feel like a neurotic parent at times as he is so classically average toddler but also so bizarre with certain things. In play groups he seems the naughty child and out of control if he's having a meltdown bathe just doesn't seem to understand or be able to stop it. Of he's in a good moorhen will be off playing on his own x

We don't see a neuro but T does have a pediatrician. When she sees T she observes him playing, walking etc. Asks about family history then does a Ruth Griffiths assessment (a very detailed developmental test). They'll ask how he reacts to certain situations etc.

TBH you may not get very far with the first initial appointment but the ones after should hopefully give you more answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->