First Appointment- possible multiples!

Farmgirlalee

Reaction score
Just got done with my first OB visit. I'm still trying to process. Doctor measured me as around 22 weeks. I'm not even 17 weeks. He wanted to know how confident I was in my last period date. Very confident because we were TTC. So he said I might have twins or triplets because of how big my uterus is! He scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday to check. Let's hope it's just a high uterus! I'm not sure if I am ready for two!!

Gosh, that must be quite a bombshell - have you not had a scan yet at 16 weeks?! Where do you live? Good luck for Monday, let us know how it goes!

No, no scan yet. I live in Wyoming and we had a bit of an issue with the number of OB doctors in town- As in not enough. The only practice that was accepting new patients wouldn't schedule until my 12th week. They told me they would do an ultrasound on that appointment. Then when SO and I got there, they said they were only going to listen to the heartbeat- no scan. And then I found out they would not deliver in my town but only in the next town over- 30 miles away. So I got up and walked out. Luckily another doctor in town decided to start doing OB again and I got in with him. Same week appointment and a scan on Monday. Can't beat how responsive they are being. I'm much happier with the new doctor- except the idea of twins! Yikes! Not ready for that!! Please let it be a high uterus although with my first my OB didn't say anything about a high uterus, but maybe that explains why I didn't really look all that pregnant until about 8 months? IDK

I'm so glad you got the gyn situation figured out! Curious to see what Monday's scan shows

Omg that's quite a shock to get at 17 weeks! Glad you found a better Dr. Hope you get some clear answers Monday!

Good luck for Monday! Can't believe you've had to wait so long for a scan. I'd go crazy!

Just got done with my appointment! Only one baby- Thank you God! I am not sure if I would have the patience for multiples and my step son- Hopefully this one takes after my daughter who has been a dream since day one. The gender is still a mystery. The cord was going right between the legs so I couldn't even look for the white lines like I could for my daughter. Baby was very active and did not like getting its picture taken. The heart, brain and spine all looked great though!

Congrats on a healthy single baby! Sorry the cord was in the way :(

Blood work and swabs all came back good too. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal which is great because all my sisters had pre-eclampsia (sp?) though I did not with my first. My dad freaks out every time I have a headache (he is a medic) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->