First Appointment Today!

kmpssbl

Mother of 1, TTC for #2
Reaction score
Today is my first prenatal appointment! It's not until later today, so I have a ways to wait. I am nervous, anxious and excited. I asked my sister what to expect, and she said I'd probably just be getting a vaginal ultrasound, and then I would need to go to a lab to get blood drawn (eesh!). I've never had blood drawn, for 2 reasons: I am deathly afraid of that stuff, and I never weighed enough (lol).

I will keep you ladies updated on the results of today :)

Hope everything went well!! My experience has been that the first appt. they will just talk and that sort of thing. They don't usually do an early us unless their not sure of dates or theres been a hx of mc or complications. Blood draws don't usually come til a little later.

I had my first appt with a nurse on the 6th and they went over my medical history and drew bloods as well. My first appt with the midwife is on the 15th so I'm figuring they will go over bloods then and the nurse said they may listen for a HB. I saw a blippy HB at 6weeks but didn't hear it.I'm interested to know how your appt went today.

It went GREAT! The doctor was super nice, which was helpful. She said I was spot on with my dates :)

She checked my cervix and gave me a vaginal ultrasound. I saw my little raspberry and teared up! So exciting! I did not get blood work done because the lab was already closed at the time. I will get it done at the next appointment.

I'll post pics up of the ultrasound soon! :) :)

It went GREAT! The doctor was super nice, which was helpful. She said I was spot on with my dates :)

She checked my cervix and gave me a vaginal ultrasound. I saw my little raspberry and teared up! So exciting! I did not get blood work done because the lab was already closed at the time. I will get it done at the next appointment.

I'll post pics up of the ultrasound soon! :) :)

Awe! Yay! That's great! I have a three day wait til my appt with the midwife. I am impatient right now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->