First Appointment Tomorrow - Can't Stop Worrying!

Thanks! As far as knowing when I ovulated - I was tracking, charting, the whole thing. But the main reason I know (this is probably TMI) is because I went on a two-week business trip the day I was set to ovulate. So that day was the last time anything happened between DH and I. Haha. I don't know how long the little guys can stick around in your body, but I doubt a week. Regardless, I'm just excited and looking forward to the next scan.

Sperm can live up to 5 days so it's possible. But X'D And trust me that was not TMI at all. It takes a lot for anything to be TMI for me.
And yes I can't wait for your next scan ^^ I'm on my countdown 2 weeks roughly, until my next apt. If doctor cannot find heartbeat with a Doppler (I'll be 11w 1d) then I'll get a scan. He said if I wanted a scan either way just to call and let him know but I think I'm going to try to just say if he finds heartbeat then I'm happy.

Specially since I'm hoping my SIL will get me a sneak peak in right before x-mas to find out gender XD There's really no need to have another scan prior if all is well. (I do not do the NT scan)

Aaaah well makes sense! Good luck with your next appointment - hope they find a heartbeat with the doppler! I'm considering buying one of those home fetal dopplers, just can't decide if it will help or hurt my anxiety. :) I'm also glad to see you said you aren't getting the NT. I wondered if that was optional! I have a horrible tendency to freak myself out by internet searching things that ultimately depress me, and NT scans had me feeling anxious.

Aaaah well makes sense! Good luck with your next appointment - hope they find a heartbeat with the doppler! I'm considering buying one of those home fetal dopplers, just can't decide if it will help or hurt my anxiety. :) I'm also glad to see you said you aren't getting the NT. I wondered if that was optional! I have a horrible tendency to freak myself out by internet searching things that ultimately depress me, and NT scans had me feeling anxious.

Thanks. And I recommend waiting on a home Doppler yet. I haven't been able to find it but may not be able to for another few weeks. It does help with anxiety once you are able to pick up on the heartbeat when you just want to double check, but before then it doesn't really help.

We are such a low risk that my doctor doesn't even recommend the NT scan for us. He said if we really wanted to he would, but doesn't see the point. Plus though NT scans may be reliable, they aren't always. People who 'pass' the NT scan may still end up with a baby with downs or vise versa. The only scan I take any concern in is the 20 week scan where they check for everything. Making sure the heart is well formed, the liver, kidneys, etc. are all working like they should be.

And stay away form google! XD At times google can be your friend, but during pregnancy I think it's just the enemy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->