first appointment with MW... how many weeks at your docs?

jonkey

Ready to try for no. 2
Reaction score
Sorry its a bit long winded!!!
Hi girls, I had a bit of a carry on at docs today- had a smear booked in for weeks now so when I find out I was preg on sunday I thought I best ring cos I was sure I would have to cancel
Rang and the lady on the desk said she would check with doc/nurse and call back. She basically said cos it was so early, it was ok but if my results had always been clear to just wait. If my results
Had shown abnormalities to come it would be fine and just tell the nurse. So went today, waited 20mins and told nurse and she wouldn't do it!! I told her the whole story but she wasn't comfortable with it so she is going to check with the smear results lab to see if it is safe and get back to me because I have always had borderline changes on my results.
When I told her how preg I was (my 1st day of last af was 4 nov) so 5 weeks, she wasn't really listening to me and said so your only about 2 weeks preg then! Which technically I am but I thought you counted from period?
She wast acting a bit like what you worrying for you've got ages!! I asked her about making my initial appointment she said the midwife doesn't normally see people til about 6 or 7 weeks
Is this the same for other people? Cos this will be xmas, I'l be around first week of jan I think.

Sorry to hear that you had such a sucky nurse...

My first appointment with my midwife is next week (I'll be just under 9 weeks). But before I transferred to my midwife I saw my dr the week after I got my BFP (at 4 weeks) and had my full prenatel physical at 6 weeks.

Congratulations on your BFP!!!

erm, well i found out when i was 5 weeks and went to docs then and he referred me to MW. i see her tomorrow for first time and im 9+5 tomorrow. So, it definately depends how busy they are and stuff, cos i *should* technically have seen her last week!
My 12 week scan is taking place when im around 14 weeks...so ive got delays throughout unfortunately. :shrug:

Thanks for responses girls. Yes I spose it does depend on busyness of practicesm
Just think its ages to wait to see anyone about preganancy until then! I'll have millions of things
Buzzin round my head...

Sorry my responses come out all jaggedy cos I'm on my blackberry!

my practie mw sees u at 8 weeks for a first pregnancy but wont see u untill 10 weeks if u hav had a baby nefore unless u had complications last time then thy will see u at 8 weeks

My first day of last af was the 2nd november. My appointment with midwife is the 30th December so this does sound about right. Good luck xx

My MW starts seeing peole at 8 wks. My appointment will make me 10 wks but I'm going to see if I can get it earlier.

It's a horrible wait, but there is not a lot the midwife needs to do...so whether you see her early or late does not really make that much difference (apart from it's just nice to see someone). When I first saw my doc at 5 weeks to get the ball rolling he said that in the first 20 or so weeks we don't need to see you very often...then the nearer it gets to the end you will feel like we never leave you alone...!
So unfortunately, it's a waiting game for us all. I did it, I saw my midwife at 11+5 and had my scan at 11+6. That's all I've had so far - and I see midwife for 16 week appt next week.

Mine sees people at 8 weeks. Re the smear, you can have them when preggers, the Americans do it routeinly i think when they get preggers. The uk nurses just arent to keen though. x

iam not sure on my dates and could be either 5 weeks or 9 weeks,where iam the midwife likes to see you at 8 weeks but they couldnt get me in at my docs surgery till 5 weeks time by which ill either be 10 or 14 weeks and we scan here around 9 to 12 weeks so id be late for that so my midwife is coming nx thursday to my home when ill be 6 or 10 weeks this is my 7th pregnancy had 2 mmc before my last child and petrified it could happen again and didnt find out till 12 week scan baby had died 4 weeks before in each case so early scan etc important to me to rest worries,be glad when nx week comes.:hugs:

I had my first midwife appointment at 10weeks+1 and I am in London too. I first got referred from the GP to antenatal at about 7 weeks (after it taking two weeks to get a GP appointment).
I am also a year overdue for my smear (last one 2005) but have elected not to have one in pregnancy. Having said that I have always had normal smear results so that's probably not terribly helpful for you.

Nurse called me today to say she still hadn't found the answer but will call me on wed....
In terms of appointment it seems my options are try and get one before xmas when I'll be 6/7
Weeks or beginning of jan when I'll be 9 weeks. I take on board everyones comments that there's not a lot
She will do anyway but its like being at a loose end!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->