First baby, looking for support

karenal

Reaction score
Hi all
Im Karen, currently about 4-5 wks pregnant and worried as hell.

This is our first baby, and although we were'nt not trying, we werent really activily trying either, so it came as a bit of a shock at the weekend when 4 tests were all positive.
We have just got back from holiday in Greece where we celebrated or 2nd wedding anniversary, and, just like a honeymoon, we had lots of fun, and continured that fun when we got home. So looking back now its no wonder his little swimmers hit the target :0)

Anyway, Im one of many who are expecting in my social circle. Best friends due in Oct, Sister in law due in Dec and another 2 couples due around dec/jan too.

I have like 5 million questions, as I'm the type of person that has to be prepared, already looking at cots and prams, you know the type.
First midwife appointment is on 28th July at my local doctors, I guess that will be when I get booked in for a scan and stuff?

Anyway, I really dont know what to expect. My mum had a miscarriage with her first, and our best friends also miscarried their first (they are the couple above due in Oct) so I have concerns too that it might happen to me.

At the moment I have the tender breasts, very tender, the odd moment of nausea, nothing too bad, and cramps now and then in my lower belly. I guess I just need confirmation that this is all perfectly normal.

Other questions I have is, will morning sickness get worse, when do cravings start, when will my boobs and belly sprout, what other horrible side effects should I expect?

See told you, I cant just leave alone, I need to know everything and I need to know it now.

Well Im sure all will be just perfect, but any support or advise you can offer is greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Karen and poppy seed.

Hi, welcome to bnb! I'm new here too and everyone is lovely so dont worry :)
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I had all of the 'symptoms' you have so I suppose thats quite normal. I only had morning sickness for a few weeks though and it wasn't really that bad. I just went to bed like a child at 6pm after work lol and felt sorry for myself. I thought if I slept I wouldn't feel so sick and it worked. Ginger biscuits are supposed to help too but I didnt try it.
I didnt really get cravings either. Unless you call using the baby as an excuse to have cake for breakfast (it's not my fault, the baby wants it lol)
My belly all seemed to come at once! It was very annoying. I felt like I was in the 'are you pregnant or just plain fat' stage for MONTHS!
Everything should be explained at your booking in appointment and they'll tell you everything is normal lol.
Good luck with the long 9 months! It's completely worth every second of it in the end.
Hope everything goes well for you!

:hi: Welcome!

You should introduce yourself in first tri :) I'm sure those ladies will have a lot of helpful advice for you

Hi, and welcome to BnB :hi: Really hope you enjoy it here; it's the best and friendliest community around. Congratulations on your pregnancy - wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->