First baby still not engaged at 38 weeks

Babyface179

Reaction score
Anyone else in the same position or have any advice?

Thanks x

Same im 38 weeks on Mon and not engaged, ive been told to straddle a chair like a cowboy and squat, also use the birthing ball. I got to go to hosp next week to stay if he doesnt engagae coz my babys big :| better get moving! lol

Crikey, my baby is big too but nobody has mentioned staying in hospital. Why have they asked you to do that?

Well my local hosp doesnt do c sections, forceps etc all the can give u is morphine so if i needed assistance i would need to travel 40mins in ambulence to the next hosp (the one ill be staying in) and bcoz my mum is bout same size as me and she had a c section as either i was too big or she was 2 small chances is i might need that too. So she Said that she would like to put me in hosp to avoid a cord prolapse (when the cord comes out first) as she described my babys head as 'free' I wouldnt worry about that though coz ur midwife will keep u right urs is mab on its way. xx

Wow, my baby's head is free too. Just looked up cord prolapse, scary stuff. I hope your baby engages very soon and your birth goes smoothly. Best of luck x

Yea when i looked it up i widhed i hadnt !! lol. Same to u too xx

im 39 weeks and still not engaged! my midwide just said there was nothing really i could do and baby will come when he is ready :( at times he has been 1/5 engaged but then the week after is free again!!!
x

i dont think i am? my doc never said anything about it... she just checks to see if i am dilated but im guessing she would tell me if the baby is engaged?

she said he was very low tho

i dont think i am? my doc never said anything about it... she just checks to see if i am dilated but im guessing she would tell me if the baby is engaged?

she said he was very low tho

Do you have maternity notes in the States? Is it written in there?

My daughter wasn't engaged until the day I went into labour, and that was 5 days before my DD. I had a quick labour too; 6 hours. Don't worry about it hon; it doesn't have a bearing on whether the baby will be early/late etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->