First baby!

Peanut112

Reaction score
Anyone else make it here with their first? How are you feeling? What makes you glad the first trimester is over?

This is my first! Previous MC at 10 weeks last year and it took 7 months to try to get this baby :cloud9: Over all I'm quite happy! Not really moody or anything like that. I'm glad the first tri is over because of the higher risk in miscarrying.

It's my first, I'm in the middle of second tri right now but it actually took a while for me to feel normal again. I think last weekend was the first time I could eat anything I wanted and did not feel any nausea whatsoever! So that's what I'm glad for, feeling normal again! I'm the same as you now, not moody at all just because I feel so good compared to first tri, I'm actually extremely happy with everything.

I was lucky enough not to have experienced mmc but I do still have anxiety every time I go to the doctors like what if they can't find the heartbeat this time or what if they find some chromosomal issues with the baby. That's always in the back of my mind and I think it'll be that way no matter how far along I am. It's the plague of motherhood and it's already started :)

Congrats on finishing your first tri :thumbup:

I'm 15 and half weeks with my first and I'm so glad to be in second trimester now. I didn't suffer with morning sickness or any strong symptoms, but I did have a couple of bouts of spotting during the 1st tri that really stressed me out with worry. And for the first few months I couldn't stop thinking about being pregnant and it was just constantly on my mind, and I was nervous about things like having sex with my husband, eating the wrong things, pressing my stomach, scared i would fall over and cause a miscarriage etc. It was all so new I was just overthinking every little thing. But now the idea has sunk in a lot more, baby's growing well and perfectly healthy, so I'm a lot more at ease. Now I just go about my life as usual and even forget I'm pregnant sometimes!

welcome to second tri ... Im pregnant with my 3rd but I also had a MMC in 2012 so I know exactly how you feel ...

congrats on making it to second tri ... and may your pregnancy be a happy one

Expecting my first also! I'm relieved as you are about the low risk of miscarriage at this point. I wasn't able to relax the entire first trimester. Now I do relax most of the time but I don't think I'll feel better until my babies are here in my arms. Best of luck to you!

I'm happy you started a first baby thread btw. I'm noticing most people are on their 2nd or 3rd. It took DH and I 5 1/2 years to get pregnant so I am thrilled!

Congrats to all of you!! So many woman here with their 2nd or 3rd, so really just wondering who's completely foreign to the whole experience. I find it's good to have someone going through the same type of experiences, makes it a little easier to not panic.

So far I feel like the first tri is the most "miserable" part to go through for sure. I can't really complain much other than being constipated.. Ugh lol.

peanut: yeah first tri is supposed to be the most exhausting. 3rd trimester is supposed to be pretty uncomfortable as well but I haven't gotten there yet. 2nd tri definitely gets a lot easier but there will still be a grab bag of symptoms hehehe. I still take it a day at a time but there are more good days than bad in the 2nd tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->