First cycle off BCP. When to start OPK?

lusterleaf

Reaction score
Hi all! So we are TTC #3, (my youngest is 5), for the past few years I have been on BCP to regulate my cycle, in the past my cycles were short like 22/23 days. I went to my OB GYN for a check up the other day and mentioned I was stopping BCP and trying for TTC #3 and he said we can begin to try right away. The problem is I am not really sure when I should begin OPK testing. If you use OPK when do you usually start testing?

Hiya,

My cycles are short also at 23/24 days. I normally ovulate on CD10, so I start opks around CD8. As yours are shorter again, I'd start them at cd6 for the first couple of months, until you see a pattern, then you may find that you dont need to test until CD8 etc. Good luck.

I came off the mini pill in feb started OPKs on day 6. My cycles have been iregular since stopping the pill and ovualtion has been

Day 11
Day 13
Day 12
Day 8 (after a chemical pregnancy)
Then last cycle was day 14.

Im day 7 now and started opks yesterday. I think I've just had another chemical and already showing signs that O is close. OPK is still negative so hoping O is a while off yet.

Good luck hon welcome to baby and bump

CD 16 and still no sign of positive OPK but I have been feeling a lot of cramping for the past few days now, almost like my period is coming. Ughhh.

Ok nevermind- I finally got a surge this morning! DH is working till tomorrow morning though, figures!!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->