First cycle TTC, CD8 and hugely hopeful!

moodle

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

after using FAM to avoid pregnancy for 10 years, DH and I are finally taking the plunge! Timing is crucial as we have a long-distance marriage, but I think we'll get three/four attempts over the summer whilst I'm on my summer break from university.

I'm 30, my cycles used to always be 28 days in length, but over the last year they've ranged from 21-36 days. I take my BBT and monitor my CF every day, and am super excited about TTC next week!!

Do any of you fancy buddying up?

Sure! I went off BCP a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first cycle TTC, too. Last night was the first BD where maybe --maybe!-- we could have made a baby (though I'm not ovulating yet... could be soon!) Pretty exciting!

I'm 30 next year, and have also been with my DH for almost 10 years. Now it seems like a long time to have waited...

It's so exciting isn't it! DH and I actually only got married last Sep but I've used FAM as contraception for ten years in my previous relationships.

I'm in London at the moment but am flying to NY tomorrow afternoon, just as my fertile window starts- perfect timing! What day are you on? It's so nice to be in contact with other women who are roughly at the same point in their cycles, thank you for replying!

Hi Ladies!!

I am 23 years old TTC #2....My DD was a surprise to us when i was 19 as i was on BCP. We have been together for 6 years and are getting married in 35days (july 16th), we have only been TTC for 2 months which is not long, however i thought it would be so easy and that we would have conceived the first time around considering the first time i was on BCP. Last april i developed a huge ovarian cycst and was told that i could have a bit of a harder time this time around. Hoping it was just a one time thing! I am currently CD12 and looking for a buddy:) 2ww is just around the corner!!!

I'm on CD13, so we're pretty close together! Funny you were just here in London... sounds like you'll be home just in time for your O day.

I envy you using the FAM all these years. You're probably well prepared for the TTC process-- you've got to know your body really well by now! I'm more than a little nervous about whether or not my body will even ovulate after 14 years or so of being on birth control... it seems like it might take a long time! Here's to hoping...

Hi mmafro,

wow, you have lots to countdown to, how are you feeling about your wedding?

Do you know what type of cyst it was? Did you need to have any treatment or was it a case of "wait and see"?

I had an ultrasound a couple of years back and it showed multiple cysts on both my ovaries, and I've tried to put that information away and ignore it. Ultrasound offers a snapshot of a woman's cycle, so they may have disappeared the next month, and functional cysts are also quite common during childbearing years. It's slightly worrying that my cycle has become a tad irregular, but my temperatures show that I'm ovulating, so I'm convinced that my cycle has just changed because my life has been very up and down over the last year, not because of pcos.

Hi Mmafro! Congrats on the upcoming wedding... We're close to the same day, cycle wise, though I don't even know if I'm going to ovulate this cycle, since I just got off so many years of birth control. But when I do, I'm not looking forward to the stress of the TWW...

I would love to buddy up! We are on our first cycle ttc as well...I'm on cd11 so just a wee bit ahead of you :) Good luck!!

karenlyn- I'm still in London, leaving tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait! DH is from NY and I'm from London, and our rough plan is that he'll move here towards the end of the year while I finish up my degree. I'm really hoping that we conceive over the summer because we won't be able to again till Nov/Dec.

I feel well prepared for ttc, pregnancy and birth as that's the field that I work in, BUT I'm still nervous that my body won't work properly! Most of the time I manage to stay positive but once in a while I get filled with doubt.

I've got my fingers crossed that you'll O!

Hi mmafro,

wow, you have lots to countdown to, how are you feeling about your wedding?

Do you know what type of cyst it was? Did you need to have any treatment or was it a case of "wait and see"?

I had an ultrasound a couple of years back and it showed multiple cysts on both my ovaries, and I've tried to put that information away and ignore it. Ultrasound offers a snapshot of a woman's cycle, so they may have disappeared the next month, and functional cysts are also quite common during childbearing years. It's slightly worrying that my cycle has become a tad irregular, but my temperatures show that I'm ovulating, so I'm convinced that my cycle has just changed because my life has been very up and down over the last year, not because of pcos.

I had a hemorrhagic cyst and was told to just wait it out, i was in alot of pain for almost 2 weeks but after the pain stopped and havent had any other problems. So i am hoping thats a good sign.

As for the wedding, its been difficult I am getting married in a different province than i am currently living in (about 4 hrs away) and im just worried about it not coming together lol but im sure it will...
I have a good feeling about this month, i concieved my DD in june of 07 so i am hoping this is my month and that we dont have any set backs now that we have started TTC. We desided to TTC before the wedding because my OH is being deployed to afghanistan next march on a training mission and we were hoping to have the baby before he leaves...we still have a chance!!

mmafro- apparently ovaries are actually fairly resilient, a friend of mine had a large cyst (the size of an orange) removed from her ovary and went on to conceive easily, another had a dermoid cyst and lost her ovary but went on to conceive her two daughters naturally.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one feeling the pressure of time, I really hope that this is your month!

Good luck with all your wedding plans- don't forget to enjoy it! :happydance:

Hi ladies! I would love a buddy too! I am only 25. Got married in September and last cycle was our first TTC. I got AF yesterday, so I am now on CD2. We are using preseed and really are hoping for our first BFP soon!!!

That gives me alot of hope, i was talkin to a lady that went through the same thing and had no problems at all... So i am convinced i should be ok.
I cant wait for the wedding, TTC kinda takes my mind of the stress of the wedding. But i know i will enjoy it!!

Hi Capegirl7, I've heard lots of positive stories from women that used preseed, I hope you get your BFP soon.

mmafro- it's good to have positive stories to cling to, I find that it's all too easy to get lost in my own downward spiral sometimes.

It's 1am here in London and I can't sleep because 1) I'm trying to go to to bed later so that I don't get jetlag 2) I can't wait to see my hubby again (I haven't seen him since April) 3) It's only a couple of days till we start ttc :happydance:

So you really know all about this process, I guess! That's got to be both an advantage and sort of stressful, too-- you know everything that could potentially go wrong.

I did the long-distance thing with my DH for a year, and it was really, really hard. I don't envy you that! At least you get your chances to BD. Hope you get yours over the summer... Maybe we'll both get lucky and be "success in the first cycle" buddies!

Oh dear, I'm losing the plot already and it's only day 12!

I've managed to convince myself that I don't produce enough EWCM, and just rushed out to buy robitussin and preseed. I have no idea if we'll use either of them as they were definitely panic buys, maybe a relaxing bath and some deep breaths would be more effective?

My fingers are crossed for our BFPs :dust:

Thats too funny! "Panic Buys".. I like that. Both robitussin and preseed can only help :) But I'm sure you have enough EWCM in there for one little guy to swim :) Goodluck! The two week countdown is almost here!!

Ok, I admit it, I've just had some of the robitussin :blush:

Karenlyn is right in that knowledge can be stressful, I love knowing my body this well but the difference in my EWCM from when I first started charting in my early 20s to what it's like now is considerable, it used to stretch to about 10cms and now it barely stretches to 1cm. I do know that lots of women don't produce any and still conceive, but right now I'm obsessed and being ridiculous and my goodness it's great to have somewhere to let it all out!

DH isn't going to know what's hit him when he gets in tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->