First cycle TTC, CD8 and hugely hopeful!

haha I love it. It's so nice to have people on here to talk to about all the important things! BDing, CM... love it :) 7-9 days until I Ov... Can't wait!!!

Can I ask what prompted you to use preseed? Are you as paranoid as I'm turning out to be? :wacko:

I know that women who are ttc find the 2ww really hard, but I hadn't prepared myself for the agony of the first half of the cycle; waiting, waiting, looking at the calendar, waiting, examining my underwear and toilet paper more often than is probably useful, back to the calendar, forums, waiting... arrgghhh!!

I agree!! What prompted me to use preseed was that I did some research on it and found so many people that used it for the first time and got their BFP. Also, saliva kills sperm so we can't really do much "foreplay" beforehand. I have found we use just a little and it works perfectly. I don't use too much at all. I only have used it one cycle. I agree with the first 2 weeks. They dragggg on, but it's the last two that I countdown the days like crazy and am obsessively a symptom spotter!

I think we're going to try using some preseed as robitussin definitely isn't for me. I had the recommended dose last night and then again this morning, both times I got a jaw ache and felt really yawny, and also had some mild hallucinations!! Because they started as I was falling asleep last night I thought they were just dreams, but then it started happening this morning so I had to go back to bed and sleep it off for an hour, and I'm still feeling a bit out of it now. DH has just told me that people drink robitussin with coke to get high!

I think we're going to try using some preseed as robitussin definitely isn't for me. I had the recommended dose last night and then again this morning, both times I got a jaw ache and felt really yawny, and also had some mild hallucinations!! Because they started as I was falling asleep last night I thought they were just dreams, but then it started happening this morning so I had to go back to bed and sleep it off for an hour, and I'm still feeling a bit out of it now. DH has just told me that people drink robitussin with coke to get high!

Woah! I had no idea about this. I'd heard about Robitussin for EWCM but didn't know it could get you high, too. Can't quite decide if that makes me want to try it more, or less...

Panic buys... that's exactly what these things are! :wacko: I have a tube of Conceive Plus I bought for the same reason. Haven't used it yet, but I DID used an Instead Softcup last time we BD'd. Maybe we're not panicking, but trying to make sure all our bases are covered? Yeah, that's it.

Woah! I had no idea about this. I'd heard about Robitussin for EWCM but didn't know it could get you high, too. Can't quite decide if that makes me want to try it more, or less...

Panic buys... that's exactly what these things are! :wacko: I have a tube of Conceive Plus I bought for the same reason. Haven't used it yet, but I DID used an Instead Softcup last time we BD'd. Maybe we're not panicking, but trying to make sure all our bases are covered? Yeah, that's it.

:laugh2:

Thanks for that, I really needed cheering up this morning! I think you're right; we ARE just covering our bases.

It would seem that I've O'd early but I've had no EWCM at all, fingers crossed for a BFP but if not then next month I'm gonna start taking evening primrose oil from CD1, and use preseed if necessary.

Was that the first time you've used the softcup?

hi ladies, mind if i buddy up as well? i'm 32, TTC#1. we've been married for 3 years now but only started actively trying last january. before that we were NTNP. i've always had a 28 day cycle, but our active decision to TTC has oddly enough thrown my cycle off to start as early as 21 days.

i'm due for AF on the 25th. as of now, feeling af cramps mostly. :cry:

hi ladies, mind if i buddy up as well? i'm 32, TTC#1. we've been married for 3 years now but only started actively trying last january. before that we were NTNP. i've always had a 28 day cycle, but our active decision to TTC has oddly enough thrown my cycle off to start as early as 21 days.

i'm due for AF on the 25th. as of now, feeling af cramps mostly. :cry:

Hi honeymomma, of course you can join! Do you feel like AF is coming? Could it be from implantation? Got my fingers crossed for you.

I'm currently 4dpo, utterly convinced nothing has worked as I O'd early and we only DTD on the day I O'd and after. I'm sure I'll still be expecting a bfp in the coming weeks :dohh:

totally feel as though AF is coming. low cramps, tender boobs. some CM, but i check it out so much it's starting to look all the same to me :wacko:

if i don't get a bfp this month, we really won't have that much of a chance in july. DH travels a lot for work, and leaves on CD9 next month. then he's gone all of august. our next try will be september wth?! :hissy:

Thanks for that, I really needed cheering up this morning! I think you're right; we ARE just covering our bases.

It would seem that I've O'd early but I've had no EWCM at all, fingers crossed for a BFP but if not then next month I'm gonna start taking evening primrose oil from CD1, and use preseed if necessary.

Don't know how I lost track of this thread! Anyway, yeah, it was the first time using the softcup, and I really do feel like it does something-- or maybe it's just that it makes a lot of logical sense to me. I guess I'll know for sure if I get my BFP this month!

For the EWCM, I'm thinking about trying grapefruit juice next month (or this month... I have NO idea if I've already ovulated or am about to, or what), as a lot of women have said they've seen an increase. I haven't had much either. Am finally getting faint lines on OPKs, so if I AM about to O, I don't have any EWCM.

Why can't our bodies just behave as they should? Doesn't seem like too much to ask, eh?

totally feel as though AF is coming. low cramps, tender boobs. some CM, but i check it out so much it's starting to look all the same to me :wacko:

if i don't get a bfp this month, we really won't have that much of a chance in july. DH travels a lot for work, and leaves on CD9 next month. then he's gone all of august. our next try will be september wth?! :hissy:

Oh I feel your pain! It's looking like my DH also has to travel in my fertile window next month, we will have August to try and maybe September, if not then it'll be Nov/Dec. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for us! I don't think CD9 is too early to start DTD :thumbup:

Don't know how I lost track of this thread! Anyway, yeah, it was the first time using the softcup, and I really do feel like it does something-- or maybe it's just that it makes a lot of logical sense to me. I guess I'll know for sure if I get my BFP this month!

For the EWCM, I'm thinking about trying grapefruit juice next month (or this month... I have NO idea if I've already ovulated or am about to, or what), as a lot of women have said they've seen an increase. I haven't had much either. Am finally getting faint lines on OPKs, so if I AM about to O, I don't have any EWCM.

Why can't our bodies just behave as they should? Doesn't seem like too much to ask, eh?

I think I'll be joining you on the grapefruit juice front :sick:. I've never used OPKs, kind of hoping I don't have to. Dh seemed a bit mortified about the preseed when I whipped it out the other night. We'd discussed it before and he understood why I'd bought it and was game to use it, but as I didn't know that we were going to be dtd, I hadn't inserted it beforehand... talk about a passion killer! :blush:

good morning ladies (at least, in my timezone :D), how's everyone feeling today?

tested at 5am today, thought i might get a bfp to surprise DH with when he woke up. i swore i wouldn't do it this early, but it's our anniversary today and thought maybe, just maybe, i'd have an extra special gift for him. alas, the white on that strip couldn't have been starker:brat:

won't test again till the 22nd (DH's bday) and then if :bfn: then, will just wait till after AF is due, on the 26th. famous last words.

Hi honeymomma,

Happy anniversary! Sorry about your bfn, a bfp would have been a great way to celebrate, I totally get that. Maybe for your dh's bday? Here's hoping.

I can't get off b&b at the moment, I think I've been on four times already today. Whereabouts are you? It's a balmy evening here in NY and I've just had my sinful Sunday indulgence; a burger followed by frozen yogurt with dark chocolate chips :thumbup:

Dh has gone away for work which of course means that I have plenty of space to obsess about all things regarding ttc :winkwink:

oh how i miss ny! we used to live there before we moved to southeast asia for work (in thailand now). bnb is great, but it's just like the symptoms... you can't help but obsess. :wacko: or maybe we're just obsessive by nature??

if i don't get my bfp this cycle, i'll try the grapefruit juice too. what does it do exactly? i did robitussin (really, i had a cold ;)) 2 cycles ago but nada.

And I miss Thailand! My desk top is a picture from Ko Jum/Phu.

Yeah I reckon I'm naturally obsessive but I tell myself it's a good quality as it means I'm able to focus and achieve things!

Not sure how grapefruit juice works but it shows you how much I want my BFP as I can't stand grapefruits. As my time here is limited I'll also be washing EPO down with lots of green too, something has to work, right?

I think I'll be joining you on the grapefruit juice front :sick:. I've never used OPKs, kind of hoping I don't have to. Dh seemed a bit mortified about the preseed when I whipped it out the other night. We'd discussed it before and he understood why I'd bought it and was game to use it, but as I didn't know that we were going to be dtd, I hadn't inserted it beforehand... talk about a passion killer! :blush:

Gotta go out and buy some grapefruit juice today!

Why are men so finicky about all this? They say they're game, but they don't want to see any signs of it happening! When DH and I BD, I lie in bed a good 20 minutes afterward before running to the bathroom to use the softcup... I can imagine the appalled expression on his face were I to try to put it in in front of him. Ridiculous man. :dohh:

Knowing your cycles like you do, it makes sense that you might not need OPKs. And, honestly, I've decided I hate them. THey haven't helped me at all... I've never gotten a positive on one, usually they're completely blank, and the last few days I got faint lines. Now they're completely blank again, never having gone positive. What am I supposed to make of that?

Hope June is your month and you don't have to wait til August to try again! I guess you're just starting your 2WW?

I know exactly what you mean! I'm totally amazed at what our bodies do (or don't do as the case may be), and sometimes get a bit offended at how people (including dh) react to what our bodies do naturally.

So do you know if/when you Od this cycle? This is 5dpo for me but I think we dtd a bit too late, it was hard to tell what was going on as my cm was so scant and also because of flying and changing time zones. Ah well, I guess this cycle was a dry run, a very dry run! :laugh2:

I also stay horizontal for 20 mins afterwards and had to explain to dh why I couldn't go and pick up the laundry, what a great excuse!!

Ha! Exactly. It's not as if everything happening in their bodies is lovely to look at. Or hear about. Or smell, for that matter. Sheesh.

That's so funny! Do you tell him why you stay horizontal? I just pretend to be extra cuddly afterwards. Does the trick. You never know... maybe you caught your egg on time! Though I think the idea of a dry run isn't a bad one. I'm starting to realize it takes some practice to know the what and when of it all.

Not sure if/when I O'd. Got the closest thing to a pos OPK on Saturday, which was CD19. But I had some EWCM and a high, softened cervix on CD13. BD'd for both, though this latest one may have been a bit too late... I guess we'll see. Seems there's a very good chance I simply didn't O at all. I'm either in the middle of the 2WW, the beginning of it, or in fertility limbo. :wacko:

last night i had a minor meltdown - i was upset because i'd been cramping all day (af cramping) and i unleashed my rage at DH in a flurry of tears and yells :gun: simply because he forgot to put toothpaste on my toothbrush (whoever brushes their teeth first usually puts toothpaste for the other) and he didn't replace the water in our water dispenser. err, i maaaay have gone a little overboard? :shock: was just so upset that af is coming. i hate her! lol

next month i'm doing grapefruit juice and epo. any other suggestions ladies from your monthly regimens? i can't chart because they don't have BBTs in this place, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->