First cycle using my CBFM

Babydust28

Reaction score
Well I've read so much about the CBFM and how good they are, seen as me and oh have been trying for some time now and me having irregular periods we thought we would get one :)

So af came on 6/11 and finished yesterday (10/11)
My monitor asked me to POAS this morning, the monitor came up with 2 bars, just wondering if anyone else has had this?
I thought it might be the monitor getting used I me but it's clearly picking up some hormone.
Will upload a pic of the test stick in a minute.

Thanks

Well I've read so much about the CBFM and how good they are, seen as me and oh have been trying for some time now and me having irregular periods we thought we would get one :)

My monitor asked me to POAS this morning, the monitor came up with 2 bars, just wondering if anyone else has had this?
I thought it might be the monitor getting used I me but it's clearly picking up some hormone.

Thanks

Hiya, yep I got high on my first cycle on day 6 too, I've uploaded a pic for you. H is high, P is peak. Are you backing your CBFM up with cheapie OPK's? as the monitor can sometimes miss your peak on first cycle, I got a positive opk the day before my 1st peak and I'm sure I ovulated that night with the pains I was getting. I haven't pictured my 2nd peak as I took this photo the day before I got it. Once you get your first peak it will automatically give you a 2nd peak, high and then low. So after the first peak you can feed it old sticks to save your new ones if yo like:winkwink:

I've used the monitor twice before on my first cycles off the implant and cerazette and got pregnant first cycle both times, I wasn't backing up with OPK's, but I got my peak both times, after the implant I got my peak with my 20th stick! And had 15 highs that cycle.

Good luck xx:flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 8

Hey, the line on the left is oestrogen, the darker it is the lower the oestrogen levels are, the lighter the line the higher the oestrogen, oestrogen levels build up in the build up to ovulation.

The right line (closer to the wee end) is the LH, the darker this line the higher the LH levels which is what is needed to ovulate.

So you are looking for a lighter left line and darker right line. Some women say they have a barely visible left line and dark right line when they get there peak. For me the left line was slightly lighter than my high days and right line a bit darker with my peak, they were about the same colour on the day of my peak!

:flower:

Also here is a pic of my cheapie OPK's that I used alongside my CBFM, just incase you wanted to see.:flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11

Thanks

Hiya, yep I got high on my first cycle on day 6 too, I've uploaded a pic for you. H is high, P is peak. Are you backing your CBFM up with cheapie OPK's? as the monitor can sometimes miss your peak on first cycle, I got a positive opk the day before my 1st peak and I'm sure I ovulated that night with the pains I was getting. I haven't pictured my 2nd peak as I took this photo the day before I got it. Once you get your first peak it will automatically give you a 2nd peak, high and then low. So after the first peak you can feed it old sticks to save your new ones if yo like:winkwink:

I've used the monitor twice before on my first cycles off the implant and cerazette and got pregnant first cycle both times, I wasn't backing up with OPK's, but I got my peak both times, after the implant I got my peak with my 20th stick! And had 15 highs that cycle.

Thanks for your reply and that's really good to know regarding using the old sticks after first peak.... I'm not clued up on this side of it all, I've always bd and kept fingers crossed rather than knowin when I'm ovulating.... Maybe this is a crazy question but why 2 peak when ovulation only happens once? Sorry :blush: am I being thick :haha:

I'm not backing up with anything, just purely letting the cbfm take control, I am aware that the first cycle is getting used to me.
Did u actually get a peak with your first cycle using cbfm? X

Thanks

Thanks for your reply and that's really good to know regarding using the old sticks after first peak.... I'm not clued up on this side of it all, I've always bd and kept fingers crossed rather than knowin when I'm ovulating.... Maybe this is a crazy question but why 2 peak when ovulation only happens once? Sorry :blush: am I being thick :haha:

I'm not backing up with anything, just purely letting the cbfm take control, I am aware that the first cycle is getting used to me.

What day did you presume you ovulate on? Your LH line is definitely present already! I can see it with no squinting although it doesn't look peak yet. I think it's because after your first peak you can ovulate between 12-36 sometimes 48hrs later so it gives a 2nd peak reading as this could also be your most fertile day! I bd every other day on highs and 1st peak, but it's also recommend to bd on 2nd peak and the high that follows as well to cover all bases!

Yep all 3 times I've used it I've had a peak on my first cycles, although I understand it's not that common so I have been lucky xx

Thanks

What day did you presume you ovulate on? Your LH line is definitely present already! I can see it with no squinting although it doesn't look peak yet. I think it's because after your first peak you can ovulate between 12-36 sometimes 48hrs later so it gives a 2nd peak reading as this could also be your most fertile day! I bd every other day on highs and 1st peak, but it's also recommend to bd on 2nd peak and the high that follows as well to cover all bases!

Yep all 3 times I've used it I've had a peak on my first cycles, although I understand it's not that common so I have been lucky xx

I couldn't believe how dark the 2nd line was I was so confused.
I tend to have irregular cycles an around 30 day cycles, I have no idea at all when I O, i don't feel any pain whatsoever and don't feel any different so I really don't have a clue. Only thing I get is around 10-15 days after the first day of af I get tender bbs up until af comes.
This is the reason I needed the monitor as I think I'm totally missing O, can be doing with the guesswork anymore and the trying for so long is starting to get me down :-(
But can you even O this early? As it seems too early to hav such a dark line.
X

Thanks

I couldn't believe how dark the 2nd line was I was so confused.
I tend to have irregular cycles an around 30 day cycles, I have no idea at all when I O, i don't feel any pain whatsoever and don't feel any different so I really don't have a clue. Only thing I get is around 10-15 days after the first day of af I get tender bbs up until af comes.
This is the reason I needed the monitor as I think I'm totally missing O, can be doing with the guesswork anymore and the trying for so long is starting to get me down :-(
But can you even O this early? As it seems too early to hav such a dark line.
X

I'm not sure what the earliest day is ovulation can happen, hopefully someone else can answer that or post a new thread asking on TTC board?
Fingers crossed for your BFP this cycle! X

I've had pos OPKs as early as cd6 with confirmed o on cd7, it sucks tho. My periods can be so short sometimes that I feel like I didn't even have a chance. The re says its fine but I really don't know how, the eggy needs more time to grow lol

I tried to use the cbfm but my periods are too short/irregular that I never got a peak.

This is only my second month using it. But I had highs from Day 9 to 16, then Peak on 17 the first month.

This month I had Day 14-16 High, and today 17 is peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->