First day in third tri and not feeling as much movement!

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to moving across to the final trimester for a couple of weeks now and I think baby has been too as she was so active yesterday and the day before. I felt her on and off all day and even throughout the night, however this morning I have only felt a few strong kicks and a few little taps.

At first I tried to convince myself that she probably just knackered herself out and that she would jump into action a bit later on however she hasn't really and it is almost 2pm here.

I am about to phone the midwife as although I dont want to overreact I think being flippant about it would be worse.

My OH felt one kick this morning and was satisfied everything is ok however he is a little useless when it comes to these things and since he hasn't read anything about pregnancy, he is completely blissfully ignorant about it.

Sorry this was meant to be a really happy thread but I can't help worrying. Thanks for reading.

I've been exactly the same in and off for the last 2 weeks our little man has been quiet, luckily after a couple days I had my midwife appointment and she checked and everything was fine, heartbeat nice and strong.
She said they can have quiet days when they are having growth spurts or if they have spun round and are kicking into your back(which we wouldn't feel) xxx
Best to get checked out and for a bit of reassurance

Ps.....welcome to 3rd tri xxxx

im sure all is well if you have felt her! maybe she is having a quiet day. you know bet though, so if you feel you need to be checked out then do so :) happy third tri! im also looking forward to the "final part" in a couple weeks time x

So happy to be here too!

If you feel the need to call your midwife, do so...its what they are there for...reassurance :)

It's always a good idea to call your midwife if your worried, even just to put your mind at rest! By my little man often goes through quiet days and generally my bump seems bigger the days following so I assume it's just when he is having a growth spurt! Xx

My LO has quite days too. He/she has been active today but is taking it a little easier compared to yesterday! Im sure you little man is doing fine but check with your MW if your concerned x

I find it difficult to monitor for movements when I am at work cause although I work in an office, I am not often sitting at my desk for any length of time.

I have felt another couple of little kicks which makes me feel a little better. I called twice but no answer so I will try again in a little while and hope by then she has had a little mad flutter.

Thank you all for your replies.

From around 27-29 weeks my boy was really quiet then my bump grew.

I think it's quite normal for them to be quiet and have a growth spurt around this time.

If you're worried speak to your midwife but as long as you're feeling some movement you should be fine.

Thank you. She went a little mad earlier when i was eating popcorn (which i had been craving all day) feel like she was happy i finally gave in and ate what she wanted!

Mine went quiet round then too... she gets quiet for a few days when going through a growth spurt,,,, make me worry like hell but always turns out ok,,, if you are stressing over it tho then just give your mw a ring as they are always there to help :)

Mine was quiet just after 27 weeks, I went into hospital with reduced movement but she was fine. I definitely think they have a big growth spurt at that point but always best to get reduced movement checked out :flower:

I mentioned feeling less movement at my 27 week check up and my Dr hooked me up to a stress test. She said the baby was perfect! Not in stress or anything.

And wouldn't you know my baby got feisty and kicky that very next day?? Haha.

I did feel better after being monitored though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->