First Doc appointment?

Browning

Mother of Krystal NTNP #2
Reaction score
I found out i was pregnant 17/1/11 :happydance:. I am aprox 4+days
I have not inform my Doc or booked an appointment with him yet. I was wondering when did everyone inform they Doc that they was expecting? I am not high risk and this is my first pregnancy? What was your first Doc appointment like? Did he take a urine sample from you? Did he take blood? Did he measure your blood pressure? Did you have internal? (my pet hate):growlmad: lol etc. Thank you
:hugs:

Hi,
We're due on the same date!!
I had my BFP on Friday, and rang the docs straight away.
The receptionist advised they won't need to see me until around 8 weeks unless there's anything wrong so my first appointment is on 10th Feb - with a midwife.

Good luck for a H&H pregnancy!

Very dissapointing. My doctor did nothing just said see a midwife, Midwife see you around 8 to 10 weeks. From what i have read on here its similar no matter where you go. The midwife takes BP ect with you. No one confirms your pregnancy in till your 12 week scan. No internals inless you have signs of infection

congrats! my first appointment consisted of a blood confirmation test.. but my next appointment (feb 1) will consist of an transvaginal ultrasound! hopefully we can see the heartbeat! i should be 6weeks 3 days

Hi,
We're due on the same date!!
I had my BFP on Friday, and rang the docs straight away.
The receptionist advised they won't need to see me until around 8 weeks unless there's anything wrong so my first appointment is on 10th Feb - with a midwife.

Good luck for a H&H pregnancy!

Hello Sarah i just notice that lol. How are you finding the 1st trimester. I finally decided to book an appoitment with the Doc the next available Doc is not until 31/1/11:nope:. A week from now. I feel like going private NHS waiting times is ridiculous. I think i might go private for the scans and the other important medical things. Private is extortionate amount of money too:nope: OH paying anyway lol and i want the best care for me and my:baby:.I think maybe i don't have to see a Doc :dohh:then and let them refer me straight to a midwife. I might call tomorrow and cancel it and ask for a midwife appointment instead :thumbup:
:hugs: Hope you have a successful pregnancy

Very dissapointing. My doctor did nothing just said see a midwife, Midwife see you around 8 to 10 weeks. From what i have read on here its similar no matter where you go. The midwife takes BP ect with you. No one confirms your pregnancy in till your 12 week scan. No internals inless you have signs of infection

lol@littleblonde was it that bad :). I got nearly two months to wait for a scan i don't think so. I can't wait that long. Goodbye NHS :hugs: Good Good i don't like anything internal the thought of it make me:sick: lol God knows how i am going to cope with sweeping and stuff like that lol :)

all my dr did was tell me a few things like take my f acid, if i hadn't already started, ask me if i had any questions, and gave me a EDD, checked my blood pressure and booked me in with the midwife for the 4th of feb!

congrats! my first appointment consisted of a blood confirmation test.. but my next appointment (feb 1) will consist of an transvaginal ultrasound! hopefully we can see the heartbeat! i should be 6weeks 3 days

Thank You prdlyexpecting. Hope you have a successful pregnancy.:hugs: Transvaginal ultrasound sounds horrible:nope: Good luck with that

all my dr did was tell me a few things like take my f acid, if i hadn't already started, ask me if i had any questions, and gave me a EDD, checked my blood pressure and booked me in with the midwife for the 4th of feb!

Hello lillmoo. Sorry what is f acid? Never heard of it. Thank you for your reply
:hugs: Hope you have successful pregnancy :hugs:

hey i'm due 28th too. question, should i book mw appt now coz there seems to be a waiting list or wait a wk or two to book docs appt? h&h 9mths to you all xxx

Hello lillmoo. Sorry what is f acid? Never heard of it. Thank you for your reply
:hugs: Hope you have successful pregnancy :hugs:

folic acid

hey i'm due 28th too. question, should i book mw appt now coz there seems to be a waiting list or wait a wk or two to book docs appt? h&h 9mths to you all xxx

Hello babyhopes how are you? I hope you're fine. I book my Doc appointment today they can't see me till next week Monday I was thinking the same thing should i cancel it and just book a appoitment with the MW idk i am so confuse :shrug:
H&H to you too.

I think it probably depends on your area.

The receptionist told me that the way they do it in my GPs is they don't need to see you unless there's anything wrong, or anything you're worried about.
They just said the first time they want to see you is 8 weeks and that's direct with the midwife. I'm not worried really as this seems to be the policy there, obviously I'll get an emergency appointment if there is anything to worry about before then xx

I think it probably depends on your area.

The receptionist told me that the way they do it in my GPs is they don't need to see you unless there's anything wrong, or anything you're worried about.
They just said the first time they want to see you is 8 weeks and that's direct with the midwife. I'm not worried really as this seems to be the policy there, obviously I'll get an emergency appointment if there is anything to worry about before then xx

Thank you Sarah might be different down here in London. I am going to try and find out tomorrow:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->