First driving lesson?!

TTCabundle

Reaction score
I'm starting my driving lessons next week and I'm terrified! I have absolutely no experience of driving, I get anxious veryy easily so I'm soo nervous!

I've been looking on youtube at driving for beginners and it seems soo complicated!

Is anyone else learning to drive? Or does anyone have any tips?! xx

Don't worry you'll be fine. I remember thinking 'How am I going to learn all that??, it looks complicated' but actually it's really not and you'll probably be surprised how quickly you pick it up.
Explain your concerns to your instructor and they will reassure you and take things at your pace. Honestly though, just relax, don't think too much into it because then you often find yourself thinking things are a lot more difficult than they actually are (I did this with parallel parking :lol: I kept telling myself it was impossible when of course it isn't and when I relaxed a bit, I did it!) it's really not hard at all :D

Don't worry! It seems complicated but its great once you get going. Explain how you feel to your instructor, they will be able to help xx

Thankyou! Im glad its not just me that thinks it looks complicated, the fact that you found it easier thsn you thought reassures me lol!
Ill definitely mention it to my instructor. Im worried that he will expect me to drive straight away, i know thats silly though lol. What did you do on your first lesson? Hope I do ok! x

Ooft it was over 7 years ago for me ow, but from what I remember I was just on an industrial estate learning how to start and stop and go from first to second lol xx

It was a while ago now, I had it on my 17th birthday and I'm now 22 so I can't remember exactly. I'd already done some practice with my Dad but I think we went over the car, like where everything is (lights etc) and all about the pedals, gears, which I did already know. Then I think we just did some driving around a really quiet housing estate, just kept going round the block, practicing pulling off, changing up and down the lower gears.

Ive found in life you definitely pick things up quicker by doing them!

So try and get moving on your very first lesson!! Dont let your instructor waffle on for 2 hours about wipers an stuff lol.

All you'll do on your first lesson its move off and stop and its really very easy once you do it a couple of times!!

Enjoy it :D

I'm not very far into my lessons! It's all new & bewildering to me :dohh:

We can natter about it xxx

I'm hoping I find it easier than I expect! I'm such a worrier!

I'm not very far into my lessons! It's all new & bewildering to me :dohh:

We can natter about it xxx

Yay I'm glad somebody else is doing lessons!

What have you learnt upto now? x

We've just done the basics really, up to second gear, handbrake starts, three point turns...

Nothing that I've found really hard yet! I found handbrake starts difficult but that's 'cause the handbrake is so stiff in the car that I'm learning in! xxx

Hello!

I'm also doing lesson but for a year now, it really isn't as scary as it seems! I thought I would never be able to drive but really if you have a good instructor then he/she will make your lessons enjoyable, have to admit I didn't really like the first few lessons because you mainly talk over all the basics and then learn how to actually move the car but once you hit the roads it get soo much fun!

I'm sure once you get started you will see its not as complicated as it seems :)

I have no advice but Good Luck!
Keep us updated, I should hopefully be starting my lessons in the summer and I'm scared and excited in equal measures... I keep telling myself if my incredibly clumsy and uncoordinated brother can pass his test so can I!

Thanks everyone!

Yay we can all chat about our lessons! I've been revising bits and pieces off youtube and things and the bit I'm struggling to understand is the clutch and gears! I'm hoping it becomes clearer once I'm in the actual car!

CRWx - it sounds like you're doing really well then! I'm glad that you've not found anything that hard.

Babyjan - thanks! I'm eager to get on the road and actually learn instead of me worrying haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->