First Drs appointment/telling the famly

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
How soon after you got a BFP did you make an appointment with your doctor? I haven't been to mine in years so much so that they have my maiden name and my old address on their records! Oops! Roughly what week could I expect to get my first appointment? I'm in Scotland if that makes a difference!

Also, when did you tell your family, before or after your first appointment? We've always planned on telling our parents and sisters first before waiting until the twelve week mark to share the news with extended family and friends. I had a CP last month without anyone but DH knowing and it was really hard on me. I'm not sure I could do it again or have an early mc without the support of my family so I sort of want to tell them. The earliest we would tell them is six weeks though as my sister will be in Aus until then.

I went to the dr the very next day after getting my bfp. It's my first one so I just wanted a dr to confirm it. Then we told our immediate family's that day after going to the dr, and like you we will wait until 12 weeks to make it official. After my first mat apt if everything looks good we might tell a few more people, depending on exactly how far along they say I am. I've also already told a couple of my closest friends and my boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->