First EC Success!!! Sorry have to brag...

mumnbean

Reaction score
I have just come home from hospital and hubby has been a huge help with our new baby as I had to have a c section... He has been making me laugh to the point of hurting my stitches because our baby has him wrapped around her little finger! Its her 1 week birthday today!!!

Anyway... hubby has been doing 90% of nappy changing and we have noticed she does "cluster poops", where we change her nappy because she is starting to wake and grizzle for a feed, then as we pick her up to get ready in the chair to feed she does a massive poop... this is then immediately followed by a second poop (usually smaller) or just wind as we are changing her for the second time!

The look on my hubbys face is enough to double me over with laughter...

So now that this has happened over the last 2 days I suggested we start with EC since we've already noticed the pattern, and I really want to start cloth nappies, but not while we are using 3 nappies every change!!! (Also the ones I bought are a bit big atm)

We tried it when she woke, and we took off her nappy for her change... soon after holding her over potty she started crying... which she does before the poop I think cause her tummy hurts her... I held her over the potty with hubbys help cause she was wriggling a bit, and made a "pssssh" sound.

Hubby is in the middle of telling me just let her go cause she is grizzling, she is too little for this when it all just happens!!! We looked at each other completely shocked! She filled the bottom of the potty to a decent level too!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

So off I went to empty potty into toilet, and wash it, while hubby finished her change.

I havn't stopped smiling since!

I'm amazed it can be done so early, but then it might just have been a fluke, never to be repeated.

Thought I'd share my success and see if anyone else has a success story to share!

Sorry it ended up so long!

Apparently, years ago, they said that the cold rim of the potty would often trigger a reflex release as well, so it's certainly worth trying every time you take the nappy off! I certainly can't see it doing any harm at that age anyway!

That's great. Fingers crossed for you that it continues to work out!

aww yay:) well done!! (and congratulations :) ) hope it keeps on working!

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your encouragement!

I have just been doing it when changing nappies anyway, and have about 80% success of her doing something in the potty...especially at night time.

Her nappies usually have a bit in them too, but I'm happy I'm saving on some changes, and looking forward to starting her cloth ones once they fit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->