• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First ever ovulation test was +ve!

M

moxie08

I was feeling 'under the weather' ... 'sensitive' ... 'moody' ... ok, fine, downright emotional. Everyone is pregnant! Everyone has their first ever baby! Well, it felt like that, anyhow.

After chatting with a few friends and blaming everything under the sun for my mood (aka it was nearly time for bed), I sighed and logged off the computer.

You see, I've just recovered from being quite ill so we were on a break from TTC. I've had these fertility strips that I brought from the US a few months ago when I was a bit more optimistic/eager. So why not try them out and see what they do?

I tried the blue one (pregnancy test) and the green one (fertility test), but I stumbled when I tried to find the key to the green one. Not on the packet!!! :hissy: But I was pretty sure two lines meant something, so I turned the computer back on and googled like mad.

Sure enough!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2463/3601320472_f96e9217b1_o.jpg

Completely shocked!

One, that I ovulated at all -- my cycle only recently (1 month ago) rebooted after 8+ months of no menstruation due to stress and grieving.

Two, that I didn't immediately think I was ovulating after my 'moody' evening! It's usually such a big indicator.

Three, that my first 'test' of the tests was a positive!

I took a few more tests the past few days, as I started to worry that maybe this is just 'normal' for me (the doctors think I have PCOS, but I disagree), but sure enough, there is a trail! And, the symptoms have reinforced it: I woke up on the 5th with mittelschmerz. My cycle hasn't been this textbook in a while!!

The reason I've been avoiding taking these tests is because it's easier to blame your lack of pregnancy on just 'not trying hard enough' ... now, if I don't get pregnant, I'll really wonder what's wrong. And, what's more, DH and I will have to step up the infertility tests.

I shouldn't be this happy about a peak in LH. But I just feel different now that I've seen 'proof' of possibility.

Wooo! Congrats :) I'd have been totally stuck if it werent for these strips, with cycles all over the show, they really are a godsend!

Few quiet nights in for you then ;)

Good luck :):)xxx

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2655/3710926824_712ffdba36.jpg

The previous month compared to this month's, in case anyone was curious about cycle variations. I have the same physical changes/symptoms this month as the last and identical cycle length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->