First exercise class post-BFP

amygrrrango

Reaction score
I had my first spin class this morning after my :bfp:.

I was so nervous and have so much anxiety about exercising while pregnant, especially before my first scan, even though I know how good it is for me and the baby.

I did feel good after working out, but does anyone feel the same way? I can't believe I have to wait three more weeks to find out anything about how this beautiful little baby is doing!

I miss spinning. :( My bike needs a new part and I currently don't have room for it in this new house.
I do also run, though since my BFP I've been more light jogging. And that's even if my bladder OK's that. This morning I couldn't make it more than a couple blocks before my bladder hated me and I had to fast walk the rest. :(

I miss spinning. :( My bike needs a new part and I currently don't have room for it in this new house.
I do also run, though since my BFP I've been more light jogging. And that's even if my bladder OK's that. This morning I couldn't make it more than a couple blocks before my bladder hated me and I had to fast walk the rest. :(

Oh no! You poor thing! I am a jogger, too, and getting ready to run my first 10k at the end of the month. I'm so nervous, for the run itself, and now for the bebe! :wacko:

I was doing BodyPump and I haven't gone this week because I was kind of nervous I might get sick during the class. But I was really getting into a good workout routine over the past 3 months and I am determined not to let it stop just because I am pregnant.

During my first pregnancy, I just stopped doing everything and that was stupid. I gained way too much weight and the struggle to get back in shape afterward was unreal. This time I want to stay in shape. I just don't want to get sick in the middle of a class..I also want to make sure it's safe for me to do my same classes. The only one I know I have to give up right now is hot yoga.

You girls Are brilliAnt doing so much exercise. I have not got the energy at all! x

You girls Are brilliAnt doing so much exercise. I have not got the energy at all! x

Lol I don't know about 'so much' but trying to keep up doing mostly what I was doing before. I recently lost almost 40 lbs and I really don't want to completely trash all the work I did lol.

I'm going to be maintaining Zumba classes and I think starting yoga. I want to for stress relief mainly.

I'm going to be maintaining Zumba classes and I think starting yoga. I want to for stress relief mainly.

I've been considering yoga, but last time I tried it I got so bored lol. It's too slow paced for me.

I really like the stretch plus it is an hour away in the quiet away from a loud 5 year old. Works for me!!

Stress relief is the biggest thing for me, too! I never feel better mentally than when I'm working out consistently.

Pre-BFP I was on a very strict 5 day a week workout regimen (for over a year), with 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio. I've been determined to stick with it, although I have lowered my weights on certain leg exercises and lowered my intensity some on my cardio. I was doing great until I hit about 6.5 weeks. That's when my first trimester exhaustion swooped in like a freight train and it's *really* affected my energy level and motivation. Last week I only made it to the gym 3 times and I've already skipped one day this week. However, if I can still stick to just 3 days/week during this pregnancy (especially this first trimester), then I'll call that a success.

Today was my leg day and after just 40 minutes I felt like I was going to throw up all over the gym floor :nope: so I cut my work out short. I'm hoping that, once I enter my second trimester, that I'll have another rush of energy, because pulling myself out of bed by 9:30 every morning is getting harder and harder.

However, school starts for my kids, in 3 weeks, so I'll have no choice but to get up and moving much earlier. I know that will help keep my butt in gear when it comes to hitting the gym.

Pre-BFP I was on a very strict 5 day a week workout regimen (for over a year), with 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio. I've been determined to stick with it, although I have lowered my weights on certain leg exercises and lowered my intensity some on my cardio. I was doing great until I hit about 6.5 weeks. That's when my first trimester exhaustion swooped in like a freight train and it's *really* affected my energy level and motivation. Last week I only made it to the gym 3 times and I've already skipped one day this week. However, if I can still stick to just 3 days/week during this pregnancy (especially this first trimester), then I'll call that a success.

Today was my leg day and after just 40 minutes I felt like I was going to throw up all over the gym floor :nope: so I cut my work out short. I'm hoping that, once I enter my second trimester, that I'll have another rush of energy, because pulling myself out of bed by 9:30 every morning is getting harder and harder.

However, school starts for my kids, in 3 weeks, so I'll have no choice but to get up and moving much earlier. I know that will help keep my butt in gear when it comes to hitting the gym.

You, Mama, are SO inspiring! Keep up the great work, I'm right behind you! :thumbup:

Go fit mamas!

I too was determined not to change my running/spinning/ weights routine but 1st trimester tiredness and morning sickness has meant it's not happening! I'm listening to my body and resting when I feel it. When I feel a bit more energetic I jog or spin but i just feel so much less fit. I'm 11 weeks now and hoping to pick things up again in 2nd tri. Last time ms finished at 14 weeks then I felt back to normal. So hoping for the same this time.

This time I'm determined not to put on the 4 stone I put on last time!

Keep going ladies but listen to your bodies! Hopefully once our bodies have adjusted to pregnancy we will be able to pick things up!

I worked out for the first time tonight since I got my positive test (almost a week). And I was feeling tired and nauseous before I went. But I went anyway. I ran for 20 minutes and I did the elliptical for 20 minutes. I didn't get sick at all. In fact, it helped me to feel better. I am glad I went!

I actually just posted this on my journal! Good on you for continuing to work out. It really is best for you and baby to do that (unless specifically advised against by a doctor of course). I'm sure it's normal to feel protective of your little one. As long as you listen to your body and don't push yourself too hard, it'll be good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxehb6hQjmI&sns=em

I didn't work out much in my previous pregnancy (after being athletic before it) and put on so much weight.

currently on vacation but I was working out before and planning to continue working out once I'm back. My mom is worried and won't even let me carry my 8 month old lol. She says I can exercise and go back to carrying things/my baby after I have had my first check up.

I didn't work out much in my previous pregnancy (after being athletic before it) and put on so much weight.

currently on vacation but I was working out before and planning to continue working out once I'm back. My mom is worried and won't even let me carry my 8 month old lol. She says I can exercise and go back to carrying things/my baby after I have had my first check up.

Awww! What a sweet mama. Glad to have another bump and exercise buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->