First Experience

PrincessPea

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Well ladies I had my first experience the other day of someone elses 'premature baby' story:

Went to buggy walking at the local docs and when we went back for coffee (and a biscuit which I think cancels out the walking but never mind!) one of the other mums, hearing us talk about Jessica being premature, came out with 'Yeah my daughter was premature too, by 3 days'!!! :rofl:

But it gets better, then another of the mums turned and said 'Yeah Jessica looks like a premature baby, they all look alike', at which point another mum turned and said 'what was that' and first mum finished by saying 'yeah was just saying you can tell Jessica was premature as they all look the same, they all have a look of terrapins!!!!!!':saywhat::grr: Cue stunned silence from me and the conversation moved on but I shall be ready for the next one!!!

OMG!!!!

Although i have had the 'oh yeah my baby was prem aswell, by a weeek!!! I get so angry!

I got told that you can tell harry looks prem because he has big eyes like all prem babies! I was like, gee thanks!!!!

:shock:

I have no words.

Just a slap.

:smug:

When Findlay was about 3-4 weeks old I had a gp tell me he had "a premature shaped head" and that was a bloomin medical 'professional' :shock:

Its just terrible, this mum used to be a midwife as well, has 5 kids of her own including 1, I believe, with disabilities so surely she of all people should know about people being insensitive!

I am absolutely speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some folks!!! :growlmad: I think i may have lamped the woman!!!! Oooh can i come buggy walking with you??? Maybe i'll have the pleasure in meeting the ignorant so and so..... :grr:

Of course you can come dear, its on a Friday afternoon. We were supposed to be walking to the wheel today along the canal but its too cold and wet. xx

Oh I had the whole "He doesn't look prem" speech when he came home, as he had put the weight on but stayed short, so he was chubby! Now it's "big eyes/frog eyes" GRRRR!!
When I took T to nursery, Leo was in hospital and one of the parents had a baby, everyone was like AWWW look how tiny she is! I said bless she's lovely, and the Mum turned to me and said "Yeah it all happened a bit quick, she was early so it was really stressful" I asked how early, and she replied "2 weeks!!! And she only weighed 6lbs!!" cue me smiling and walking off on the verge of tears as my LO struggles in NICU.......

I literally laughed out loud at that. and i laughed because of the stupidity while i shake my head

I read someones comment on another site today banging on about their preemie being 3 weeks 'premature'

Go figure.......

Theres early and there's premature. I sometimes feel people take the piss

I think its just ignorance, a lot of people just live in their own wee bubble.

i am constantly having to tell people that cam was early not prem! quite a few folk have said 'yeah you can tell' wtf does that mean? some people are clueless. also had a shop assistant tell me that i should at least 'support his head better' ????????? he can support his own fricking head. grrr some folk!! you should have slapped her!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->