First Fertility Clinic Appointment

rajnin

Reaction score
Hi All,

We have our first fertility clinic appointment next week.

I have had a few tests done by my doctor and he seemed to think all was pretty good. My doctors concern is my age 35.

We dont have private med care so will be going private.

What happens at the first appointment and how quick do they work?

Hello Rajnin, at our first appt, my doctor took and u/s along with blood work. the blood work was for my hormone levels, AMH level, etc. If they think its necessary, the will schedule you for a lap and HSG. I had all these procedures done with my OB. I have to admit I was completely nervous on my first visit, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Good luck!

Hello Rajnin, at our first appt, my doctor took and u/s along with blood work. the blood work was for my hormone levels, AMH level, etc. If they think its necessary, the will schedule you for a lap and HSG. I had all these procedures done with my OB. I have to admit I was completely nervous on my first visit, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Good luck!

Thank you!

Im pretty nervous but excited that we are not wasting any more time.

If you dont mind me asking, what stage are you at with the fertility clinic?

I dont mind at all, I had my first medicated IUI last month, it was unsuccessful. We are doing IUI #2 this month. First IUI was with Clomid, my response was not great, so I am starting Femara on days 5-7.

My very first appt with the clinic was in Jan 9th, to give you an idea of how quickly they work.

Good luck, I wish you all the best.

I started my AF today just as I was in the process of carrying out a pregnancy test, on the demand of my husband! Lots of tears....

I am trying to remain positive :)

I completely understand what you're going through. My AF showed up on Friday after my first IUI. I was devastated. Yes, try and remain positive. I'm also doing acupuncture and trying to meditate to relax (although I must admit, this is a hard one)! There are so many wonderful ladies on this website going through the same and offer a tremendous amount of support and guidance.

Good luck you as well and let me know how everything goes!

Hi All,

We have our first fertility clinic appointment next week.

I have had a few tests done by my doctor and he seemed to think all was pretty good. My doctors concern is my age 35.

We dont have private med care so will be going private.

What happens at the first appointment and how quick do they work?

Wehad our first appt 2 weeks ago. I had a transvaginal scan which wasn't half as bad as I had worried, they took a full medical & lifestyle study. We both had blood tests and I was given 2 test en lopes to have blood tests done at my own docs on cd 21 and cd1-3. We were also given urine sample bottles & a sperm sample bottle and told to bring them back when convenient for us. We were told we would see a FS once all blood/sperm/urine analysis was back and then they will decide if further tests are needed.

Don't know if it's usual practice but our 1st appt was at a nurse led clinic, apparently it frees up the FS time more as trained fertility nurses are able to perform the tests needed.

Try not to worry, remember they won't do anything without your consent.

I thought I would write an update ...will also help others.

I had my first appointment yesterday and was very happy with my DR.

She looked at my doctors reports and said they were good. I had my blood tests carried out and my hubby will be going for a sperm test. My AF ( I pray it will not come this month) but is due at the end of march, thats when I will need to make an appointment to have a SACAN carried out. This will check if my tubes are blocked etc

So next stage is:
My blood results/how many eggs/Quality do I have
Hubbys sperm checked
My tubes etc all checked

Our next appointment is on the 11th April so its moving fast.

Once we have the results only then can we decide what we will do.

My FS said if all looks good we can keep trying without help or option 2 IUI step 3 IVF.

I am praying we wont need to do anything and try naturally for another few months, but if no luck then get help as im 35 and dont want to wait any longer.

We have $$ aside if we need to get help, but I just dont want it to pressure us in anyway, but will do what ever it takes to have our baby.

How are you ladies going?

I have noticed that things move along at a quicker pace and done much differently in the US from reading these boards. We have been seeing the fert doctor since Oct 2011. I'm 39 and we are moving along quickly as they say at age 40 my chance will go down some. Good luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->