First IVF cycle - waiting to trigger

Mystelle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jenn, and I'm new to this site and also to IVF. My hubby and I have been TTC since July 2011, and since have been pregnant twice, but both times resulted in ectopic pregnancies and removal of either of my fallopian tubes.

We have since started our first cycle of IVF in Ontario, and praying for a BFP in the following weeks. Is anyone else going through something similar? I'd love to have some cycle buddies!! I find this a lonely process as friends and family can't understand the roller-coaster of emotions and the questions from the process that we have.

Today is day 6 of stimulation injections. Yesterday's f-up confirmed 11 follies (no eggs spotted yet though, too early they say). Tomorrow we return for more bw & u/s to see if there are any changes. Heres wishing BFPs to all the lovely ladies out there!

Hi Jenn, I'm Donna. A cycle buddy would be nice!!!

I have been injecting the Gonal F (300) for 8 days now. I tried to do a long down reg cycle a couple of years ago but had to abandon due to side effects from those drugs. It took me a couple of years to get up the courage to try again - yes, the drugs were that horrible! I had a large cyst removed before the 1st attempt and was diagnosed with endo, but, an MRI and bloodwork and several scans have revealed no more endo!!! (strange, but true). DH had vasectomy many years ago and unsuccessful reversal, so ICSI is the only way for us.

I'm doing antagonist only cycle this time. I had my first BW/US today and I had 10 follies total, ranging from 9mm to over 22mm (only 1 was that big). I go back on Wed to have another scan and they will tell me when the retrieval will be. I'm also on Orgalutran injections at the moment. Have you started that yet?

I don't have any side effects from these injections yet and I am so relieved after what I went through before. How are you doing with the med's?

Hi Jenn, I'm Donna. A cycle buddy would be nice!!!

I have been injecting the Gonal F (300) for 8 days now. I tried to do a long down reg cycle a couple of years ago but had to abandon due to side effects from those drugs. It took me a couple of years to get up the courage to try again - yes, the drugs were that horrible! I had a large cyst removed before the 1st attempt and was diagnosed with endo, but, an MRI and bloodwork and several scans have revealed no more endo!!! (strange, but true). DH had vasectomy many years ago and unsuccessful reversal, so ICSI is the only way for us.

I'm doing antagonist only cycle this time. I had my first BW/US today and I had 10 follies total, ranging from 9mm to over 22mm (only 1 was that big). I go back on Wed to have another scan and they will tell me when the retrieval will be. I'm also on Orgalutran injections at the moment. Have you started that yet?

I don't have any side effects from these injections yet and I am so relieved after what I went through before. How are you doing with the med's?

Hi Donna nice to meet you! I have been stimming for 11 days now. Today was my 3rd appointment for u/s and bw, and things have changed just overnight! I'm on 400iu Puregon, 75iu Repronex, Orgalutran and Decadron (lots of stuff) daily since I have low # follicles. I have 11 follicles, and so far about 4 eggs between 15-18mm and a cluster of smaller ones of 12mm and less. I'm returning tomorrow to see if some of those smaller ones are going to grow overnight and probably trigger tomorrow with ER on Thursday. I'm so excited, but nervous about the ER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->