First month with CBFM and reading all HIGHS since CD 6?

Sweetpea31802

Reaction score
Good Morning Ladies.

So as the title reads this is my 1st month trying the CBFM for baby #3.

It was a used one I bought off EBay and I did do the hard reset. I began testing on CD6 and since then and now on CD13 it reads highs. No lows ever.

DH and I BDed on CD9 and CD12. Today is CD13. I know the monitor may take up to a few cycles to get to know my body but do you think we are BDing enough to hopefully catch the egg?

How did the CBFM work for you on your first few cycles?

When I was looking at getting one, I read reviews and someone said a new one gave her all highs on her first cycle using it. She also said when she mentioned it to her friend, that same thing had happened, but after that first month she started getting normal readings. So, maybe its common...hth :)

This is my first cycle using the clearblue monitor too. I got a few lows to start with be then 8 highs before finally getting my peak on day 22! I think it takes a couple of cycles to get used to you, but you could still get peaks, even after all those highs :) I was starting to think it would never show a peak for me!

I was literally about to write this thread. I started testing cycle day 8 and had a blank face. Cycle day 9 I had a high reading so as expected cycle day 10 was also high. Today I expected to get my peak reading but again it read high. This is also my first month using it and it is brand new. I'm hoping tomorrow shows my peak. I've also bd'd cd9, cd10 and planning on bding today cd10. I have an on average 28day cycle so does this seem right?
I was feeling so positive this month and now I'm confused :-(

Yah I remember using the cbfm when we tried to have our son. I also bought it used off Ebay. That first cycle it gave me like 2 lows a few day of highs then the peak. Like clockwork! And we got our bfp that cycle!! Before that we were tryin like 4 months with nothing!
I wish this cycle was like that too.
But I guess ago is against me :(

Just a thought, but why would it take a cycle or 2 to get used to our bodies etc? It doesn't make sense. It's interesting that it seems quite common though?

Yeah Cookie I don't know either? You would think a test stick is a test stick right? It reads the LH hormone and the Estrogen, no matter if its your first time using the monitor or not a line is a line.
So frustrating and expensive!

My thoughts exactly? It's not like its a computer programme in there recording anything. Surely it's just testing for ovulation? And if it did need to get used to your cycles then surely it would advise its not suitable for irregular cycles?

It's good you got your bfp first time with it last time though. I've been ttc for over 3yrs now and this month is our first with the monitor and also trying conceive plus. I was feeling so positive yesterday but now seeing that flashing face again today has really brought me down. Ttc is hard work sometimes. Physically and emotionally lol xxx

TTC sometimes takes the fun out of it all. Very stressful most of the time especially when its the fertile window opportunity and you just know it by your EWCM and such but then your CBFM says its only high. :(
I hope you get your BFP soon as we all wish ours.
I think the cbfm worked last time really quick because I was for 1 younger and also it was more fun trying than it is now.

I'm on my first cycle using it and I've had highs since cd6 too. I'm now on cd24 and have run out of test sticks. V frustrating. I've just been diagnosed with pcos though, so that might be why my results are so weird(we didn't suspect pcos until after I got the meter). Just out of curiosity this morning my hubby peed on my last stick and apparently he's fertile too so I'm not overly convinced by it. I've had 2 separate peaks on cheap opks, but the monitors not picked it up. I still haven't had a temp rise, so I've clearly not ovulated, but I though I'd get some lows at least.

Thats weird!!! IDK though so MANY people have had success with the CBFM. Unless you have odd cycles or have pcos, it might not work well.
I will chalk this month to "getting to know me". What a price to pay though :(
I am on cycle day 13 so im **hoping** to get a peak over the weekend at least!!!!

Just thought I'd let you know, I got my peak today. :happydance:
So I had 3days of high then my peak today cycle day 12. Have bd'd cd9,10 & 11 so shall bd again today. Fx for bfps all round.
I think we should all keep in touch on this thread as a lot of us are using the monitors for the first time.

Good luck in getting your peaks ladies xxxx

I am also using the CBFM it started requesting sticks since day 6. Since day 6 I have been on high. I am now on day 13 and its still on high. I have my testing window set so I take it before I leave for work in the morning but I've been reading thy you shouldn't test using FMU so I have backup and testing with CB digital in the early afternoon. Some ppl don't get any peaks the 1st month using CBFM so I suggest getting a backup. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->