First name and last name too similar?

Mrs.R

Reaction score
OK, so until recently my heart was set on Charlotte (Lotte) for our little girl. Unfortunately our friend just gave birth and called her daughter Charlotte :(

I'm trying to think of alternatives and having a hard time. I love the nickname Evie, so I'm thinking Evelyn which I love but I don't know if it goes with our last name. Her name would be Evelyn Richardson. Does having two 'n' sounds make it hard to say? We would call her Eve or Evie mostly but for school and documents etc.

I don't think the 'n' is s big deal at all!

In regards to Charlotte, is your friend also using Lotte? If not, I think you could still use it depending on how close a friend they are.

I don't know, I haven't asked yet but maybe once I visit I'll casually bring it up. She's premature so it might be a little while. Hopefully she uses Charlie as the nickname. We're pretty close and have mutual friends so I think some people would find it strange we both have a Charlotte.

Everly Richardson is an alternative if the 'n' bothers you?

I would just call her Evie as her normal name, it's really cute & sweet

I think Evelyn Richardson sounds great together! Wouldn't have even noticed the "n"s but if they bother you, maybe add in a middle name?

I dont think it's too similar at all x

I think Evelyn Richardson sounds great together! Wouldn't have even noticed the "n"s but if they bother you, maybe add in a middle name?

Thanks! Maybe I am over thinking it. She will definitely have a middle name, Probably Anna (after my sister).

I don't think the names sound too similar at all. :) It's also worth considering that in every day life, you won't be using her full name that often beyond forms and checking into the doctor or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->