• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First night in crib!

Ashley1012

Reaction score
Ds1 hated his crib.. ds2 is four months and tonight is his first night in his crib.. he's still in my room and has woken up four times in two hours. I've just had to pop his nookie back in and shush him, but man is it exhausting. He has slept with me the past four months, so getting out of bed is a downfall lol.

My question is, I know nothing is safe in the crib, but he has a little square sized lovey that really helps him sleep, he rubs it against his cheek. The material is thin, and obviously I know anything can happen... but has anyone let their LO sleep with something in the crib? Ds1 I didn't because I was so paranoid.

My little one has been in her own crib since she was 10 weeks old. She's always had a blanket and a lovey. The loveys are made from material that isn't going to suffocate. We tucked the blanket under her armpits (which worked until she started rolling over).

My daughter is the poster child for nightmares. She's a restless sleeper and contorts in ways that make me think she's possessed. She is also just like me when I was younger and has to hide her face in the book between the bumper and the mattress. When she was about four months old she'd scream and holler when she got herself in too deep. Now that she can roll around she's mostly fine.

Guess my point is - yes, anything can happen but they have to be comfortable and have their soothers.

Yes mine did, my first DD went into cot no problem on her own but 2nd DD was a nightmare, she slept in a moses basket for first 8 weeks and was a great sleeper but hated her cot. I put the moses basket in the cot for a week and she slept great again but when i put her in the cot, she screamed the place down, I put white air wrap bumpers around the cot so she couldn't see out, apparently this can scare them, the big open space, that helped a lot! and she has her little comfort thing, its like a little bear with a small blanket attached, she is 7 months old now and still holds it against her cheek to sleep

We started with a moses basket in our room then when she got too big we changed to a bigger crib. She spent a couple of nights in the moses basket inside the crib and we must have started naps in the cot at the same time because her first few were in her moses basket in her cot. She had the same slepping bag in the crib for night and cot for day to start with as well. Only used to have a small rabbit in for naps not overnight then once she could move things off her head or turn her head away and roll over I put a lovey in too. She's got loads of teddies in there now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->