First official month TTC

K12B

Mummy of 2 wonderful girls ❤️
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So me and OH have been NTNP for a few months after a miscarriage in August 2016.
He’s finally given me the go ahead this month and said “we are actually trying to conceive!!”.

I’m so excited but I don’t want to tell any family or friends at the moment; wondering if anyone wants to share the journey with me?

I have two children already who were both beautiful surprises so actually TTC is completely new to me!!

I’m using opk’s but no temping etc as OH doesn’t want it to be regimented so that baby is still a product of love and not science!!! Lol

Today is CD9 for me.

Baby dust to you all 💕

Hello :)

Congratulations on trying! I can understand not wanting to do more than OPKs as it can become stressful and I think after a while you can lose intimacy a it can become just about the timing rather than anything else. However for us I feel I have to since we have had quite a few problems.
We have five children between us. My first my eldest's dad and I were NTNP, then with second my husband and I were trying but like you, weren't doing anything like temping, in fact we weren't doing anything except having a lot of sex. I hadn't even heard of an OPK back then lol!
Third was a complete surprise but a very happy and welcomed surprise.
This time we decided to properly try, back in August '16. First taking a relaxed approach, then using OPKs, and then temping and checking for everything under the sun. First started temping to gain a more accurate picture of what my cycles were actually like as opposed to just guessing. But then that and other things led me to believe we had some issues (or rather, I had some issues). So today it appears as though hormones are a little out of sync and I have a thin uterine lining, so we are trying to fix this. Currently on CD7 and decided to use soy isoflavones this cycle, hopefully for a stronger, healthier egg :)
Good luck in your journey, and I hope it doesn't take long

Hello
This is our first month ttc number 2, today is cd 13 and ov due tomorrow or Thursday going on when we ttc last time. I was on the pill before my first and after until I came off the pill last month. When ttc my first ov first month was day 14 and day 15 second month. I have a couple of ov tests ready to take from tomorrow and hoping it doesn’t take too long for us This time round but not holding out it happening first month of ttc

We are TTC #3 after a MC in October last year. We thought we'd give it a break after it happened and almost decided not to try again at all.. but I cannot get that niggling feeling out of my head that we just need to try, just for one more. Definitely done at 3 though haha! Hubby said he wants the snip after number 3 :haha:

We also aren't telling anyone as we don't want either people constantly asking if I'm pregnant yet or heaven forbid something happened it's not nice having to deal with that either :nope:

I'm due AF today, so far no show (but it is only 10.30am....) :bfn: yesterday so not holding out much hope, but we have only been trying again since mid cycle this month, and only managed to dtd once during the window (however, I'm not temping, OPK or anything this time, so not even sure the typical window would've been mine!)

Good luck! Would love to follow along this journey with you!

Thank you all or sharing your stories with me :)

Happy Cupcake - 5 children? I bet your house is full of love....and noise at Christmas!! :) Fingers crossed that the soy isoflavones help this time around..

MME - Good luck, let us know how you get on! I'm CD 12 today so just a couple behind you.

Mrsmummy2 - Your story sounds very much like ours. This would be our last, the baby we mc was a big surprise (and to be honest at that time I didn't want another so it took a lot of getting my head around) however now, I am sooo sure there is room for one more in our family. I am just desperate for it to happen now! Any sign of AF? Lets hope she stays away!!

I'm CD 12 today and trying to play it cool with OH :') I know we are in to the best week to DTD but I don't want him to think I've become obsessed with only doing it then!! This TTC malarkey is pretty stressful LOL

<3 xxx

Oh that's exactly the same as us. We had decided we wouldn't have another after having our son, but in October last year we thought maybe we would like one more, so thought we'd start trying, then found out I was pregnant when I was already having a MC :nope: It definitely threw me... wasn't quite sure how to feel if I'm honest! I then thought maybe this is the right thing and we aren't meant to have another then decided to stop trying in November (we had started trying straight away).. but since then have not been able to shake off the feeling that there is definitely room for another bundle of joy <3

I have cramps, etc, but it's not coming to anything yet!

Mrsmummy2.
I feel just the same.
I don’t want to get so consumed by TTC that it becomes all you think about, but it is difficult.
I’ve just gotten over a bad cold and uti so not much being been going on. CD14 of a usual 31 day cycle so guess it’s still worth a go this month!
How are you doing? Did AF show? Xx

Oh no! Bless you. We've all been ill constantly this winter. It's a nightmare!!
Will you wait to test until :af: is due?

Definitely difficult. I have it on my mind 24/7 :dohh: pretty sure I annoy hubby all the time :haha:

Still no AF for me.... trying not to get too hopeful as before my MC my cycle was 31 -32 days.. It's been 28 days for the past 3 cycles though. So now on CD30....:shrug:

K12B, thanks :) and yes, it's a houseful but a good one. Christmas is ALWAYS loud lol! But I'm the one who makes dinner, so aside from the chaotic present opening, I have the stress of Christmas dinner BUT the luxury of avoiding all the loudness for a while lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->