First OPK, help!

almosthere

Family of 4!
Reaction score
Hi ladies. On CD 29 tonight, and still no AF and no BFP, so decided to take my first OPK for fun (I heard they could pick up HCG)! And OMG got a second line, pretty dark for randomly testing too! Hehe, guess I am going to OV soon, what do you think ladies? I am new so no idea. And looks darker in person, but here is the pic I got. :cloud9:

Attachments

• ov!!!! 001.jpg
    ov!!!! 001.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 18
is tonight a fertile night? or could this be an old OPK line?! Like I missed OV? Luckily DH and I BD last night!!!

Okay so yesterdays which is dried with today's. I took yesterdays at 8pm and todays at 12pm...could it get darker by 8pm? Should I retest? Also, is this the start of a progression, or do they look the same? =( Thanks for any and all help!

Attachments

• 3 doors down! 004.jpg
    3 doors down! 004.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm not 100% sure but I think the test need to be darker than that to be positive on OPKs but I've don't use them but I might start!

something happens with your tests ...
I barely can see the control line hmmm

So if your test are good then your OPKs are positive

oh haha my control line is on the left, I think I am not going to OV and the tests are just showing my everyday LH, ugh!!

ok
if is the control line then your OPKs are not positive
Keep testing:winkwink:

Okay, started OPK's on the right time, CD 3. Testing early to be safe seeing as it's only my second full month off of BCPs so who knows how wacky my ov date is!! Here is my OPK from tonight, do you think it is pretty dark for just ending my period this am? I am already getting excited that I may O sooner than the av 14 days!!!

Attachments

• Vegas & Randoms 002.jpg
    Vegas & Randoms 002.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 4
they were 28/29 days. DH and I think tonight's OPK is a tad bit darker, may be a super early surge?!

I started taking OPK's after my period ended, it was a short 2 days of spotting and 2 days of light flow. Here are my OPK's, first one was my first day after my period ended which was at 8pm, the second was last night at 7pm. Today I am on CD 5. Does the second line look really dark for me only being on cd 5?!

Attachments

• ov!!!! 002.jpg
    ov!!!! 002.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3
With a positive OPK, you will have a 2nd line that's as dark or darker than the control line. If you can afford them, get the Clear Blue Digital OPK so you don't have to fuss over lines & much easier to use. Also, you said you're on CD 29 & are just now testing for ovulation?

Haha. No I am on CD5. I started testing on my CD29 because I miscalcualted my cycles and thought I was more late getting AF than I really was, so was seeing if perhaps I was ovulating instead. My AF has been very wacky with timing and very light since coming off BCPS. Anywho, I bought a different brand of OPKS and got a fainter line than the other two! what is going on?! Perhaps the dollar cheapies were more sensitive? I am now using CVS strips...hmm

Based on tonight's my OPK's are getting darker, woohoo! When do you think I will get my pos? I hope soon! :thumbup:

Attachments

• ov!!!! 007.jpg
    ov!!!! 007.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
They still look quite faint. You are still very early in your cycle to see a positive OPK. Our bodies always have LH in them, so you may always get a line (i do), but the only time it's positive is when the test line is the same as or darker than the control line. It's normal for some to see a progression, but again, yours seem to be fairly faint. Just keep testing.. you will probably progress darker as you enter mid-cycle. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->