first period. need help PLEASE!

ButterCup17

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I started getting a clear discharge. I thought maybe my period was coming and i was just ovulating. I'm still ebf. Then the discharge stopped but I started getting horrible pain in my pelvis area. Not like typical cramps. I also have irritable bowel syndrome and couldn't tell if the pain was related to that or if it was my uterus. I went to my general dr. He thought it was an ovarian cyst and to take advil for a week. That weekend the pain spread to my stomach and was unbearable but on and off. I called him and he said to go to the emergency room. They did an ultrasound and said it was a ruptured ovarian cyst and to follow up with my Obgyn. I saw her today and she said the ultrasound report said there was no fluid. So she said she disagreed with the diagnosis and said it couldn't be anything ruptured if there wasn't fluid so she said to call my general dr again and see if he could order a cat scan. Now tonight I started spotting. Idk if it's bleeding from something going on or If it's just my period starting. For those of you who have started your period while bf'ing, how many months pp were you? And did it hurt really bad?? Maybe this is what all the pain has been all along?? Im so confused and don't have another apt til next week :(

I ebf my LO until she was a year old. She is currently 15 months and I've continued to bf at night and during the day she drinks soy or almond milk. My period came back at 8 months pp. There was more cramping than what I had before pregnancy, but nothing like you're describing. Since I still bf, my periods aren't regular yet… The last cycle was 8 weeks. I still have the cramps with them though. I hope they figure out what's going on with you!!
Good luck!

My first period was at 4 months about, and it was a super period. Tons more cramping than I usually get and heavy flow, but it took a while to start. I never got pain in my stomach, but it was definitely more pain than with my regular cycle.

Hope everything is ok!

Thanks for the replies. Ugh this us driving me nuts. Wish I knew what was going on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->