First planned homebirth didn't happen, thinking about the next one

pimento1979

Reaction score
I was on this forum a bit when I was pregnant with my first... I gave birth January 2011. I had planned a homebirth but it didn't happen- you can read my birth story through the link in my signature.

We're thinking about the next one... and I'm wondering what I would do in terms of where to give birth.

Obviously, I would like to have a homebirth. But feeling a bit bashful about the fact that I had to be transferred in the first time. What if it happens again? Or should I just go into hospital and have an unmedicated birth there?

I'm not pregnant, but these things are floating around in my mind.

Anyone out there go on to have a homebirth the 2nd time around after a planned homebirth for the 1st one which didn't happen?

Hey lovely :)

Obviously your feelings are valid but I don't think there is any reason to feel bashful about transferring in last time. Lots of women transfer for lots of different reasons and they are the 'right' reasons at that moment in time. Yes we often reflect after and think maybe things could have been different but it's certainly no reason not to plan the right birth for you with the next one. So many Olympic athletes must have missed out on their goal at some point but their pride won't stop them from going for gold again.....just like them...it's IN you :winkwink: x

Thanks for that babe. You always know what to say to make a woman believe in herself. :hugs2:

Aim for a home birth next time, if you need transferring again you haven't failed at anything. You could choose to go to hospital and then have the most straight forward easy birth and then kick yourself because you never gave the homebirth a chance.

i think about it all the time lol, but as my transfer is still playing on my mind just as much as thinking about next time so im already worrying, but im starting counselling soon for pnd and its something i want to lay it to rest in my mind (as its not helping and im thinking its probably part caused the pnd) so next time im be in the i WILL have a hb state of mind and not concentate on the what if's. we can do it xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->