First positive opk in 15 months!!!!!

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
I just felt like sharing that I finally got my first definitely positive opk since I started using them 15 months ago!! I think it's been almost 6 years since I ovulated (I have a son who turned 5 last month).

I was finally finally diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in May and have been on Metformin since then. I'm on CD49 or 15 (I had a couple days of spotting 2 weeks ago) after using Provera to induce a real period instead of DUB. I had stopped testing with opks maybe a month ago because it was discouraging and I was testing a ton. I decided to pick up a OPK at the Dollar Tree yesterday and it was allllllmost positive... Picked up a couple more on my way home from church today and the test line was dark immediately. I've never had a line that was dark as soon as the pee touched it. Usually it takes a few minutes to get even a medium darkness. I'm so excited!!!! Definitely going to BD tonight and tomorrow. We did Thursday night so I hope we catch it!!

I'm attaching a picture!! Can you tell I'm excited?!!! lol :happy dance: (The one underneath is an HPT I took just to be sure that's not why the opk was dark.)

Attachments

• IMG_8054_2.jpg
    IMG_8054_2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 77
Thanks. I took one a couple hours later and it was even a little bit darker. :)

I tried now for 6 month AIde tests - and there only positive in one month. very dissapointing and i am not sure whether it was the test?

Thanks! I'm considering today as 1 dpo... I had what I suppose was ovulation bleeding in the wee hrs of the morning yesterday (Monday). It was heavier than I expected at first but went away quickly and was completely gone with no trace of it by last night, so I'm assuming that's what it was. My opks stayed positive til just now. It's almost positive now, but negative if you know what I mean. I'm going to buy a couple more opks to take tonight and tomorrow. I was getting nervous that the surge was lasting so long. Go figure I spend 15 months hoping for a positive opk then it makes me nervous lol.

I tried now for 6 month AIde tests - and there only positive in one month. very dissapointing and i am not sure whether it was the test?

I would have random almost positive ones, but they were never true positives and never stayed dark... I had these show positive for 3 days... about 6 positive tests then yesterday afternoon I finally got a negative though it was almost positive. I'm going to try to get a couple more tests to see if they're light now.

If you have regular periods it's likely (though not guaranteed) that you're ovulating so you may not be catching the surge on your OPKS. If you're irregular you just may not be ovulating and may need help in that regard. I'm really hoping that I O'd and conceived, though we didn't get much BD in.

are you regular? I just got my cycle back 4 months ago after none for three years whilst on the BC implant implanon. I have had 3 28 day cycles and this last one was 27 days. This month I am going to try opks. I really hope I am ovulating. :dust: I hope you caught that eggy

are you regular? I just got my cycle back 4 months ago after none for three years whilst on the BC implant implanon. I have had 3 28 day cycles and this last one was 27 days. This month I am going to try opks. I really hope I am ovulating. :dust: I hope you caught that eggy

Nope. I'm absolutely not regular in the slightest. The last time had a period on my own was 6 years ago... 2 months before conceiving my son. I finally got diagnosed with PCOS and started Metformin in June. Because I didn't ovulate, I would just bleed and bleed for weeks and months. I started Provera to induce a "real" period in late October and got my first positive opk on cd49!

https://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/471/471802jnyzka8d4l.gif

Also sending you loads of babydust as I just got my BFP..A friend of mine said this to me when she got her BFP last month and it worked after I was TTC for over a year :)

Nope. I'm absolutely not regular in the slightest. The last time had a period on my own was 6 years ago... 2 months before conceiving my son. I finally got diagnosed with PCOS and started Metformin in June. Because I didn't ovulate, I would just bleed and bleed for weeks and months. I started Provera to induce a "real" period in late October and got my first positive opk on cd49!
Well woohoo! I hope that :bfp: shows up in 2 wks :)

Just wanted to update... thanks for the wishes but I did not get pregnant this try. I did start my period so I believe I did in fact ovulate!! Yay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->