First positive OPK

AonTaistealai

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd be so HAPPY to see two lil lines on a small test strip, but I guess I needed the positive result more than I knew.

I have PCOS and my cycles have been all over the place. I took Provera in December and I think it's worked in "resetting" my cycle; this positive result is right on time with how long my cycles should be and is in cue with my body's symptoms.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We aren't TTC, but it's good to know things seem to (FINALLY!) be working like they should. :) :) :)

The top test is from Friday evening.

The middle one is from Saturday morning, while the bottom one is from Saturday evening.

Am I right in thinking the middle one is def positive?

Also, I keep seeing "almost" comments. These 3 tests are actually 2, 3, and 4. The first one I took was on Thursday evening and it had a faint, obviously neg result. Is the surge a literal one with a gradual onset, peak, and gradual decline, rather than a simple yes/no? If that's so, can we say that I "peaked" Saturday morning?

Thank you for your help! :)

Attachments

• OPK +.jpg
    OPK +.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
Sorry, last question! I've heard that you could have an LH surge without ovulation. Anyone know if that's true or not?

Middle one is DEF positive, so is the bottom one, but not compared to the middle one, the surge was on its way down then :thumbup: x

I read that you can have your LH surge but your ovaries might not necessarily release an egg. Im personally not trying to think of that happening! :dohh: Dont want to add anymore worry to the whole TTC thing.

I read that you can have your LH surge but your ovaries might not necessarily release an egg. Im personally not trying to think of that happening! :dohh: Dont want to add anymore worry to the whole TTC thing.

Yes you are right, as the LH surge happens BEFORE the egg is release. Occasionally the egg won't be released, but more often than not it will be. That is why sometimes ladies get confused as later in the cycle they can detect another LH surge- most probably because the egg didn't release the 1st time. Temping as well as doing opks will confirm that the egg was released. If you get the positive opks treat it as if you are ov-ing definatly, that way if you do, which is most likely, you have that chance of catching the eggy. if you didn't end up ov-ing, and ov abit later, then bd again :D. the fact that the LH surge is detected as strongly as it has been (very strong positive on this opk) is a very good thing :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->