First post a little confused

Batgirl2009

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First off... I've learned so much information from all of the postings and answers. You guys rock! I'm not sure on all the word terms so please bare with me. My cycle is 26 days and my luteal phase is 14. So my opk test was positive on the tues oct 15 (as was expected ) and my boyfriend and I took care of our responsibility (lol) through out the week. When I left for a mini vacation (thurs oct 17) I was still positive. Came back exactly 7 days after my first positive ovulation test ...... And took another only to find it positive. Then negative two days after. My pregnancy test was neg as of yesterday (oct 27). Decided to take an ovulation test this afternoon around 4pm (oct 28th) and got this result. My period is due tomorrow. Any takers? Don't know what to think at this point image.jpg

Thats normal hun, there will always be a little LH in ur urine. That test is negative. An OPK is only positive when the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. You will get a hint of a test line all through ur cycle but will probably only find it truely positive a day before ovulation x

Oh...and opks can also detect pregnancy, they got darker again when i was pregnant...so maybe picking up some hcg. Only way to know is to take a preg test x

I'm trying to do the math and it seems that there are 2 possible scenarios in your case. Option one would be that you ovulated on cd 16 (usually ovulation occurs 24-48 hours after first positive opk) and that you are only 12dpo. Most home pregnancy tests don't register a positive until cd 14. Implantation happens between 6 and 12 dpo with a positive blood pregnancy test 2-3 days after implantation and a positive hpt 2-3 days after that.

Option two is that your body geared up to ovulate and then for whatever reason didn't actually ovulate and tried again a week later.

Are you temping or checking cervical position or cervical mucus?

That test is definitely negative. It is normal for opks to get a bit darker just before AF though, that why they say stop testing after you get your positive.

Also some OPKs always a a test line, some seem to not have a test line. an OPK is not a reliable pregnancy test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->