first post- feeling teary and broody

mrsmshear

Reaction score
Hello my fellow wtt'ers.

I'm incredibly glad I've found a forum that doesn't start with ttc, but rather with wtt, because it's driving me crazy at the moment.

I'll start by telling you a bit about me. I'm 20. I am a final year student at university and I live with my fiance. He is the greatest and I love him to bits. We're getting married in late 2011 and we want to try for a baby as soon as financially possible after the wedding. I wasn't sure about kids before I met him, but he mentioned them one day last year and I realised what I'd previously been frightened of. I'd been scared I wouldn't find the sort of man who would be the father I'd want any children of mine to have. He'd demonstrated to me that he was going to be not only the fantastic partner he was to me, but a wonderful father too. Yes, we've had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we have a great relationship.

After the baby discussion, I must have had some kind of funny hormonal turn. I got incredibly broody and have been since (last June lol). When those sma commercials come on I make weird squeaky noises! I'm researching pregnancy and child development whenever I can and trying to prepare myself as best I can.

I know I've probably no idea what I'm letting myself in for, but I know that whatever happens, I'll have great moments and moments when I'm covered in baby poop.

I was just sitting on the couch watching Glee. Episode where Finn, the expectant teenage father, is singing to his baby girl's sonogram. And I started crying my eyes out. Not the first emotional broody moment I've had, and probably not the last.

The most frustrating is that we are nowhere close to being able to ttc. We're poor students and it's not a good time. We're hoping we can start trying soon after the wedding, but we can't of course set a timetable until we're a little more certain of finances, health, etc.

Can any of you ladies relate?

Hi hun :hugs:

I can relate in a way, but I haven't been really frustrated since OH is the broody one and not me so much :rofl: But I am getting impatient waiting for the big day and TTC seems like years away :wacko: I was sat on my bed yesterday brooding as I often do thinking damn I was just 13 the other day, going to school, now I'm 22 and thinking of becoming a mummy.. its insane.. ! :hugs: Don't worry we are all here ! And :rofl: the baby poop thing made me laugh, I was watching John and Kate plus 8 the other day and started crying when she came home from her tummy tuck and one of the little girls was like "mummy? mummy? hi mummy" like she couldn't believe she was home, it was so sweet :cry: OH thought I was crazy!

:hugs: Welcome to BnB - I'm sure loads of the ladies here can relate.

You sound just like me (but 4 years ago!) I was just 20 when I moved in with my OH in my final year at uni.

We got married 3 years after that (last April) I must admit the broodyness really hit home once we lived together and I definitely had my tearful moments even back then :blush:

With a wedding to plan time will go quicker than you imagine right now and just do your best to prepare all you can if you know that being a Mummy is what you really want - saving even a little bit of money, thinking about your contraception options and making sure you are as healthy and happy as can be are definitely good WTT distractions!!!

:flower:

Welcome to BnB! I just watched that episode this weekend and I was a big sap as well.

hey :)
i can definitely relate. my oh and i graduate this summer as well, we live together too. being a poor student whilst being very broody isnt the best combination but i just put a bit into my savings each week and its building up nicely :) end of 2011 isnt so bad! itll fly, esp these last few weeks of uni!
xxxx

Hey Welcome To BNB!!

Everyone here is soo nice, i hope you feel welcome! :) I am also 20, live with my OH.

I watched Glee too and was in tears!! & i watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 and sob!!! Geez, I must be insane!!! :)

Everything just seems to be screaming babies lately!

:flower:
X

Hello!

Wellcome to BnB and also to the WTT forum - this is where all the fun happens! haha.

I can also relate, as I am finishing off my final year and its so hard isnt it.. Especially when we're meant to be looking for jobs, all i can think about it babies, babies babies.. it doesnt help at all that all my school mates are settling down and having them...

OH and I are trying in 3 months as he's financially stable.. however if its not happened after 3 months we may have to postpone trying until my PGCE is out the way. (which wouldnt be a bad thing - just moreee waiting..) Anyways hun, I hope ur time here flies.. the ladies are all lovely and the forum is a happy place for sharing the ups and downs of broodiness!

xxxx

Hey Hun and welcome to WTT! I can totally relate too, I'm 22, in my first year of post grad training, we are going to TTC in July 2011 when I'm all done. I'm sure it will come around quickly and in the mean time everyone here is lovely and really good company!! Xxx :)

You are definately not alone! Similarly to AmeliePoulain, your story sounds like mine... except 3 years ago rather than 4 (and crazily coincidently we were married in april last year too).

We are all here sharing similiar frustrations, counting down together and wishing that somehow the time will go faster than it will. lol.

You have certainly found the right place to be to share your thoughts!

Hello and welcome!

I'm in my last year at uni too, doing post-grad course, and although I know I really should be concentrating on getting through it, all I can think of is making babies! I watched that episode of Glee last night too, and got all teary - I've been trying not to think about it this week as I have exams at the end of the week and should be revising... but it seems that there are baby story lines on every programme we watch!! Hope the wait goes quickly for you - concentrate on the little milestones, it will help! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->