First pregnancy- BFP at 6 weeks

amylee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am so excited, I had taken 3 hpt over the weekend and they were positive and I have just had my first doctors appointment today and he confirmed that I am about 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant :)

I think it is a little strange because I was getting negative hpt last week when I would have been at least 5 weeks pregnant and I was more than 2 weeks late on my period, but hadn't gotten any positives until now. Is this common? how long in your pregnancy did it take you to get a positive hpt?

I'm a little worried because I have read other threads where women say they found out they were pregnant at 4 weeks and I had negatives then. I'm concerned my hCG levels might be lower than normal or maybe I ovulated later than I thought? but regardless isn't pregnancy measured from the first day of your last period? if so then I am definitely 6 weeks and 6 days.

I had all my bloods taken today and go back to see the doctor in two days to check all my results. I suppose this will give me an accurate estimation on how far along I really am and if hCG levels are normal. I am so damn excited, this will be our first baby :)

With my first i didn't get a positive until about 6 weeks,
there a lots of people who don't get a positive for a while.
i think i read on here a little while ago someone kept getting negatives until they were 9 weeks,
but this pregnancy i got a bfp at 4 weeks,

and normally pregnancy is dated from your first day of last period until you have your scan it might change.

congratulations!!!

First off, congrats!! I hope you have a healthy and happy nine months.

Secondly, were you charting or are you sure of when you ovulated? Though it can happen that women don't get a positive test till later, I don't think it's too common. If you weren't monitoring ovulation, then I would guess it's more likely that you ovulated later. Can you have an early dating scan to check?

x

Thank you :)

I had only just stopped my birth control pill and had the one period and then got pregnant so it would be the first time my body ovulated in about 6 years while on the pill so I can't be 100% sure but I did my best to try and monitor when I ovulated and I thought it was on the 26th Nov (5 weeks ago) but its possible I could have ovulated later.

I havent heard anything about an early dating scan, I told my doc everything and he said the urine test he did was faint but positive and that the blood tests he ordered should give a clearer indication because hCG levels rise the longer you progress during pregnancy so he might know how far along I am from that.

Shall know more in a few days, hopefully all is okay :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"