First Pregnancy & Cramping

mrsowens

Reaction score
Hubby and I have been TTC baby #1 for a few years with no luck. I am type 1 diabetic and had to go to the emergency room for my sugar being out of control for some odd reason.. We got there and was told I was pregnant, I absolutely couldn't believe it and am still in shock. Doctor is saying I'm 6 weeks. I've been having on and off cramping and was wondering if it's normal and will it ever stop? I may be just over reacting, because we've longed for this. Also I don't feel pregnant at all, no symptoms besides the upset stomach with the thought of any kind of eggs :wacko:

Hubby and I have been TTC baby #1 for a few years with no luck. I am type 1 diabetic and had to go to the emergency room for my sugar being out of control for some odd reason.. We got there and was told I was pregnant, I absolutely couldn't believe it and am still in shock. Doctor is saying I'm 6 weeks. I've been having on and off cramping and was wondering if it's normal and will it ever stop? I may be just over reacting, because we've longed for this. Also I don't feel pregnant at all, no symptoms besides the upset stomach with the thought of any kind of eggs :wacko:

First of all congrats!
As far as I know cramping is normal and just your uterus stretching. As long as it is not severe or accompanied by bleeding I think it's just a normal symptom of pregnancy.

Cramping is normal, uterus is expanding, things are moving and changing, naturally you'll feel some discomfort. As for the lack of symptoms, I felt nothing until week 8 when morning sickness kicked in. Some women experience no symptoms at all during their first tri! Don't worry, when your symptoms finally kick in, you'll be missing this stage of feeling fine! x

its my first baby and i cramped daily on one side from 4 to 6 wks. the cramping transitioned completely to menstrual type cramping just for weeks 6-7.

Congrats :)
Cramping in early pregnancy is normal and iv had my share of period like cramps.
theres alot changing already in your body and your uterus is already prepping for room for baby! Only time u need to be checked out is if the pain gets very severe along with any spotting or bleeding. But apart from that all aches and pains are normal

Wow thanks everyone!! My nerves have got the best of me, I'm so scared I'm going to do something wrong. Good news to hear you all have/had cramps as well. I go back to the OB Tuesday to make sure my HCG levels are still rising as they are supposed to. So prayers appreciated!! <3

I asked my midwife about cramping when I seen her on Friday, she said it's actually a good sign as it shows your uterus is stretching. It helped me to relax a bit knowing this xx

I asked my midwife about cramping when I seen her on Friday, she said it's actually a good sign as it shows your uterus is stretching. It helped me to relax a bit knowing this xx
That is so good to know.

I had cramps all week 4 and then they went week 5, now at week 6 they're back with a vengeance!

So good to know! I have another appointment and I will be talking with my doctor about the cramps. I just thought it was weird that I was having no symptoms at all my boobs were sore around 5 weeks but now just my nipples are a little sore.

So good to know! I have another appointment and I will be talking with my doctor about the cramps. I just thought it was weird that I was having no symptoms at all. My boobs were sore around 5 weeks but now just my nipples are a little sore at 6 weeks 3 days.

totally normal! i am 13.5 weeks and the cramping seems to have finally stopped. it has been off and on since i found out at 4 weeks! hang in there.. your body is doing what it is supposed to do!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->