first pregnancy, hopeful for homebirth. Scan pic added

sezzolou

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I would start a new thread for 1st timers wanting a homebirth instead of me keep hijacking other threads :)

I am 32 years old, 12 weeks pregnant with my first and would love a home birth. Considering a water birth but not 100% sure yet. Our home has the perfect layout I think with a large tiled area in the dining room perfect for a pool and a downstairs loo. We are also only about 2 miles from the nearest hospital so im feeling really positive about giving it a go :) Looking forward to meeting others who have had home births and esp any mums to be hoping for a homebirth with their first.

Hey :) I had a homebirth with my first 20 weeks ago. It was the best experience.

Xx

Hey :) I had a homebirth with my first 20 weeks ago. It was the best experience.

Xx

Aww, congratulations! Ive been reading some of the home birth stories on here + it makes me so hopeful. X

I had an amazing home birth with my first. Now planning #3 :happydance:

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my first, and I am really hoping for a homebirth. My mom had four at home and she said it was so much easier. I am hoping for a waterbirth, and my mom will be hypnotizing me throughout my labor. :)

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow with my first and hoping for a home birth. Got as TENS machine and a birthing pool and the midwife will be bringing the gas and air. The midwife brought a home birth kit over last week containing gloves etc.
All very exciting!

I had a wonderful, successful home birth with my first about 3 1/2 years ago and am planning my second now. Go for it!

Its so great to hear these replies. We told our families on xmas day and they are all very excited. Spoke to my mum about a home birth and shes pretty positive about it, I was worried that we would have a disagreement. I dont know if labour patterns can run in families but my mum/aunties/cousins have all had quick births, the longest labour of them all being when I was born which was 4 hours start to finish. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I follow trend :)

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow with my first and hoping for a home birth. Got as TENS machine and a birthing pool and the midwife will be bringing the gas and air. The midwife brought a home birth kit over last week containing gloves etc.
All very exciting!

How exciting. Its a strange feeling actually looking forward to going into labour but I am lol. Im thinking I would like a waterbirth. im going to wait and see how I feel nearer the time. Right now im hot alot and not keen on the thought of a warm bath, im hoping that changes later in pregnancy.

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my first, and I am really hoping for a homebirth. My mom had four at home and she said it was so much easier. I am hoping for a waterbirth, and my mom will be hypnotizing me throughout my labor. :)

Sounds lovely. Im hoping for my mum to be there. I think she will be alot tougher with me than the OH. Thinking I might need that if I start to fret. I like the idea of using a relaxation technique or hypnobirthing, im going to look into it more. I have my first scan on friday...after that I will finally let myself buy some books and research more I think :)

I was excited to go in to labour too! Loads of people were against me having a homebirth. Lots of people said 'your be screaming for pain relief'. I just wanted to prove them wrong and did! I managed without anything, I didn't use water either.

My mum was at my birth and said it's the best experience she's seen. It's very very natural and all done in your own time

Xx

I had my first scan today. All was well. Lil peanut was facing downwards + kicking its legs. Due 7th july :)

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/sezzolou/DSC_1073.jpg

12+5 scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"