First Pregnancy & Im Very Nervous!

emmahobbsie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)

Me and DF found out yesterday that we are pregnant! I bought a 2 pack of cheapy tests and did one in the morning, so when it came up positive i was a little dubious so i took the other one midday and it said positive too :D We decided to run up Tesco last night and get a expensive one so we took a clear blue digital and it said pregnant 2-3, so we are 4-5 weeks pregnant!

Although we have been trying for almost 2 years it is so unexpected as i have PCOS and i had recently finished taking 5 days worth of provera to start my cycle off for a HYCOSY i was meant to have next week!
I took a pregnancy test before i started the Provera and it said negative so I called the nurse on Tuesday to tell her that a week after finishing the medication AF still hadn't arrived, and she advised me to test again so here i am!!

At first I was so scared but now I am just so excited!
I am very nervous though as i've heard bad things about PCOS and pregnancy and of course i'm worried that the Provera might have some bad effect on my baby :(
I am just waiting for the nurse to call me back so i can tell her and get some advice!

I havent had that many symptoms except needing to pee a little more than usual and i have had some trouble sleeping. But today I havent really felt like eating - even when my sister cooked me some lunch i couldnt finish it!

So I am just wondering if you have any advice for me? This is our first pregnancy and even though I understand each one is different, I just wondered if you could tell me what to expect, what i should be doing, avoiding - anything really!

I have got a doctors appointment for the 21st December so we will be about 6-7 weeks by then :)

Thankyou in advance

Love Emma
xxx:cloud9:

congratulations, i also have pcos and i found out i was pregnant the day i was due to go in for my operation lol xxx

i'm 6 weeks today and all i can say symtom wise is my nipples are tingly and im tired, i have also had abit of cramping but so far so good x

My OH and I were in the same boat as you. I have Pcos and endometriosis and my OH has low sperm count, we tried for a bit over two years too.

We were very nervous during first trimester. But just think positive thoughts. Try and he and think in the now and not about worries. Focus on work, art, music, anything that helps your mind be focused. This really helped us until our first scan at 12 weeks. We are now 14weeks pregnant:)

Wow thankyou both so much!
It means so much to have understanding ladies such as yourselves - it really puts my mind at rest <3
we are so excited and i think music is a very good idea - it makes me very calm so i think im gonna go make a long playlist of all my favourite songs haha!
Thankyou so much!

and congratulations also!

:cloud9:

I swear the first few weeks are the longest and hardest! Time goes by faster later! Congrats and enjoy your playlist :):)

Get some good prenatals and drink plenty of water! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->