First Pregnancy - no insurance

poebuffalo

Reaction score
This morning I went to the ER because I don't have insurance yet and had no idea who else to go to. Found out I am having either an ectopic pregnancy or cyst. I'm 22 years old so the odds are in my favor that it is in fact a cyst, so I'm staying positive and pushing forward until I find out Monday what it is.

I am however, seeing my first OBGYN Monday, which I won't be keeping because I have no insurance and the office visits are $167 to be seen. I am searching for insurance now, and I've never had any.

Just a quick question ; Do any of you ladies know of any insurance companies that are cheap, will cover my partner and myself since I'm already pregnant? Worst case I can cover just myself and my fiance' can get his insurance through his job but I'm hoping for a family package. (Like 100-150 a month) I've never had to do this before so if anyone has any tips, that would be phenominal. I don't care about the deductible, just want to have good prego care and child care so I can stay out of the Medicaid system. :flower:

Do you have a job, or your fiance have a job? Most jobs if you are part or full time will offer insurance packages, although you would have to be married to get insurance for your fiance or to get on your fiance's insurance. Also insurance is probably going to be pretty expensive (as in 400-500 a month for decent insurance outside of work for you and partner.) Good luck!

400 to 500 a month? I might as well pay out of pocket.. The package offered through his job is not an amazing deal, but sounds like if that's the best I can get I will.

go to your local health department and explain your situation.

btw, planned parenthood have clinics for low income (but they don't accept medicaid/medicare due to politics) They can check if you have a cyst or ectopic pregnancy.

This is my first pregnancy and I am uninsured. The total bill really isn't THAT bad for just the obgyn. I paid him 2200 up front for all of his care. I have paid for the blood work and u/s extra. (200 and 264 respectively) The labor and delivery for a vaginal birth with no epidural is 6k for cash payors and can go on a pay plan if needed.

If you have no insurance now, I'm not sure how the laws in FL work, but here in KY I am not allowed to get an individual plan since its a pre-exsisting condition. I can however, go on my works group plan, which I am going to do for delivery only and then find better coverage someplace else.

well there are many companies that will cover you and your family .you can search on the internet companies and book your insurance policy at an affordable price

i dont know about flordia, but here in maryland theres this state insurance you can get if you make a certain amount(pretty much nothing). I think its like if your under 25 etcc. i qualified for mine because i am on my own , full time student and was 18 when i got it.. and was current working at a retail place parttime making nothing nothing. Contact your local health department.. they will get your straight.. and your health department will also help if you can't get it because they do not want to see a pregnant women not get seen because of insurance problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->