First RE appointment

Andeama2

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying for 1.5 years now. I'm on my 4th cycle of clomid. Just increased to 150mg this time. Each cycle is getting harder and harder. After my first appointment to my regular doc (no RE In my town) we decided we would go see an RE around September, which means after this cycle. I called the closest RE and they said if we want to have our consultation and first rounds of tests on the same day (it's a 2 hour drive and only open week days when I work) than we need to go in on my cycle day 2-5. Not gonna lie this weirds me out a little....
Unfortunately I didn't get a ton of detail on what tests they will do. Can anyone give me some insight? Or additional questions to ask at the consultation?

Additional thought about IUIs...I always ovulate, and my husbands motility is low (doc says it's ok) so my thought is we could have pretty good luck if we can just help get the swimmers where they need to be. But would you suggest doing an HSG first to make sure there is no blockage?

Any additional advice would be awesome!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Sounds very similar to my situation ...re is reproductive endocrinologist???

I have my first appointment with one tomorrow they will be starting my 4th cycle of clomid

HSG should be ordered before trying IUI, additionally a blood hormone panel may be ran. Coq10 and tribulus terrestris improved my husbands sperm motility.

HI :flower: I had my HSG done before i started any fertility meds. We also did labs to check my reserve and routine blood work to check for thyroid issues; my husband had his semen analysis. After everything came back normal, i had the option to jump straight into IVF or try clomid. I decided to do 5 rounds of clomid, trigger shot and IUI which led to bfns. In hindsight, should have done ifv from get go. Don't hesitate to ask any other question :hugs:

HSG should be ordered before trying IUI, additionally a blood hormone panel may be ran. Coq10 and tribulus terrestris improved my husbands sperm motility.

Is Coq10 and tribulus terrestris Something that has to be prescribed by a doctor? At this point we haven't done anything but take multivitamins to help him. I'd love to know more.

Sounds very similar to my situation ...re is reproductive endocrinologist???

I have my first appointment with one tomorrow they will be starting my 4th cycle of clomid

Yes it is. :) good luck. I'd love to hear how it goes.

Is Coq10 and tribulus terrestris Something that has to be prescribed by a doctor? At this point we haven't done anything but take multivitamins to help him. I'd love to know more.

No prescription needed these are natural supplements I purchase from Amazon.com
Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like substance found in body cells, especially in the heart, kidney, liver, and pancreas, that may promote health and fight some diseases. Scientists believe CoQ10 functions as an antioxidant that blocks actions that can damage cells. New studies have found that supplements of CoQ10 can help improve sperm movement in infertile men. Decreased sperm motility is one of the leading causes of male infertility.

According to research, the amount of CoQ10 in the seminal fluid of men has a correlation to their sperm count and sperm motility.

Effects of CoQ10 on Sperm Count and Sperm Motility
A 2004 study in the journal Fertility & Sterility looked at the effects of a 200 mg daily CoQ10 supplement on the sperm counts of 22 infertile men with low sperm motility. Before the start of the study, the infertile men had lower than average levels of the coenzyme Q10 in the seminal fluid. After six months of taking the supplement, the men showed increased levels on coenzyme Q10. The research also found that the men’s sperm motility increased as well.

This research was supported by a 2009 study which was published in the Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. Researchers conducted two distinct studies of men with infertility, one with 22 men and the other with 60 men. The study examined the CoQ12 concentration and distribution in patients with varicoceles and azoospermia, both before and after fertility treatments. Researchers found that CoQ10 increased in both sperm count and sperm motility after treatment.
this is the active coq10 https://www.amazon.com/NatureWise-U...UTF8&qid=1439170544&sr=8-1&keywords=ubiquinol

Tribulus terrestris study https://www.academia.edu/5420094/Tr...diagnosed_with_oligoastheno-teratozoospermia: https://www.amazon.com/Top-Rated-Tr...439170593&sr=1-1&keywords=tribulus+terrestris

So glad I went to an RE today. Really feels like I'll make progress and have a plan

My husband and I have been trying for 1.5 years now. I'm on my 4th cycle of clomid. Just increased to 150mg this time. Each cycle is getting harder and harder. After my first appointment to my regular doc (no RE In my town) we decided we would go see an RE around September, which means after this cycle. I called the closest RE and they said if we want to have our consultation and first rounds of tests on the same day (it's a 2 hour drive and only open week days when I work) than we need to go in on my cycle day 2-5. Not gonna lie this weirds me out a little....
Unfortunately I didn't get a ton of detail on what tests they will do. Can anyone give me some insight? Or additional questions to ask at the consultation?

Additional thought about IUIs...I always ovulate, and my husbands motility is low (doc says it's ok) so my thought is we could have pretty good luck if we can just help get the swimmers where they need to be. But would you suggest doing an HSG first to make sure there is no blockage?

Any additional advice would be awesome!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I actually think you can get Co Q 10 at any drug store or grocery store or place where vitamins are sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->