first real bfp?

Jewel143

Reaction score
so we've been ttc for the past 8 months. I never wanted to test because I was becoming hopeless about getting pregnant and I didn't want to waste my money.

but this month I wanted to try preseed to see if it would work. and for some reason 4 - 5 days before my period was due I felt like taking a test just for fun, not expecting to see a positive result. I started taking the cheapies...equate blue dye (but then I read bad things about blue dye) dollar tree assured pregnancy tests, cvs pregnancy test blue dye, and now FIRST RESPONSE. I have taken 9 tests so far and they all came up positive. I think I've become addicted. Lol.

The ones I was taking 4 - 5 days before my period was due were faint at first, but I've been taking a test every day for the past 5 days now and they have got darker the past two days. I decided that since all those cheap tests showed a second line that I would splurge and buy a more expensive test. Well my period is due today or tomorrow and nothing. I feel like I'm about to start it sometimes though which makes me doubtful and confused because I know pregnancy symptoms and pms symptoms can be the exact same. Well I took a first response about an hour ago and the second line showed up right away, it was a little faint at first but I could definitely see it, and before the 3 minute time window was even up it became almost as dark as the control line! I was going to get a clear blue digital but I'm afraid it's going to say "not pregnant" because I know theyre not as sensitive.

I'm not taking any medicine or fertility drugs and they all read positive within the time limit but I'm afraid I'm getting positives because I heard ovarian cysts can cause false positives. If I don't get my period by tomorrow I'm going to schedule for a blood test so I can get 100% confirmation. I'm just freaking out right now and feel like af is coming so some advice would be highly appreciated. :wacko:

I figured out how to post pictures. here they

Attachments

• 1st day.jpg
    1st day.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 2nd Day.jpg
    2nd Day.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 3rd Day.jpg
    3rd Day.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 4th Day.jpg
    4th Day.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 5th day fr.jpg
    5th day fr.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 32
Looks like a BFP to me!! Congrats!! Come join the April Mammas group

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ossoms-due-2017-all-welcome.html#post37572920

Congratulations!! Great lines! I finally got my bfp on those Assured tests 5 days after my missed period, and they were very light. See you in first tri!

Get a clearblue digital weeks estimator, it will definitely be positive. Mine was positive with the faintest lines on the Assured tests

I wouldn't worry too much about the cyst thing... with lines like those I doubt that it would be the case. Before my last pregnancy I had a cyst that didnt give me any positives, and when I did get a positive i called the obgyn and asked if it could be the cyst and she said no, i must be pregnant

So this morning I took another first response with my fmu (and mind you I never used my fmu with all the other tests) and I got two dark lines. Then I went out and bought a 2 pack of clear blue digital and both came up pregnant. I was shaking when I took the digitals because I know they're way less sensitive than dye tests and there is no second guessing. It's either pregnant or not pregnant not MAYBE pregnant. Lol. So seeing both of them come up positive was pretty promising.

So I made an appointment with the doctor on Friday. I want to do it earlier because the sooner I get an exam the better but that's the only time my man can come with me and we both want him to be there. But my last period was in the 22nd last month so I can't be that far along which makes me feel more at ease.

And yes I think I'm going to get the weeks estimator now to see how far along I possibly am. That's another reason I want to go to the doctor as soon as possible so I will know.

Thank you so much for all the replies they make me feel so much better. And I will be on my way to the group by Friday ;)

Congrats!

You are still so early so they may tell you how far along you are based on lmp rather than being able to see and measure with the ultrasound. Did you get a 1-2 or 2-3 on the week's estimator? At most you'll be 5w2d. So just remember at the gestational age what is visible on the ultrasound is a toss up. I've had everything from empty sac, to fetal pole, to fetal pole and yolk sac. It just varies baby to baby. Congratulations!!!

So I think I've become a poas addict because ive taken 17 tests so far and all have been positive but my appointment isnt until Friday and I'm just always so worried something is going to go wrong or I'm about to start my period because I keep getting mild pelvic and stomach cramps off and on. So i keep testing but they all say positive. I even took a clear blue digital weeks estimator and it said "pregnant 2 - 3" this is our first baby and my man is happy about it and so am I, i just hope everything goes ok because if not we will both be so crushed.

I feel crazy taking tests everyday but its the only way I can get some comfort at least until my appointment.

Thank you ladies. And mrs. Atole what do you mean by be careful? Lol

Lol I love that you took 17 tests. Try not to drive yourself crazy. Congrats on the 2-3 and excited to hear your update on Friday!

Dont worry too much! Chances are better than not that everything will be fine and LO will be healthy and happy :) This is my 3rd baby and im still taking a bunch of tests :p. I get them out to look at them every time I use the bathroom (which is pretty frequent these days :haha:) Are you feeling anything so far?

the 2-3wks is from conception, not pregnant...:thumbup: so you would be 4-5wks pregnant.

Lol I love that you took 17 tests. Try not to drive yourself crazy. Congrats on the 2-3 and excited to hear your update on Friday!

Most of the tests I've got have been dollar tree tests so I don't feel so guilty about buying them. Lol. I still feel crazy testing everyday but it just makes me feel more comfortable seeing the line get darker (and it has got a lot darker on the dollar tree tests, almost as dark as the control line! :thumbup: So that makes me feel like everything is headed in the right direction. And yea I'm excited and nervous about Friday too.

Dont worry too much! Chances are better than not that everything will be fine and LO will be healthy and happy :) This is my 3rd baby and im still taking a bunch of tests :p. I get them out to look at them every time I use the bathroom (which is pretty frequent these days :haha:) Are you feeling anything so far?

Thank you. And congratulations on your third baby that's so sweet! So I'm not alone with the whole poas thing. Lol. And yes I've been having symptoms and some of them are similar to the ones when I'm about to start my period but the others are different so I'm always checking to see if I started my period but I've had no bleeding at all thank goodness. I'm having slight pelvic cramps, my boobs hurt, bloating and I feel fatigued. Those are the same symptoms I feel when I'm about to start my period. But I've been having unusual symptoms too like today I had mild lower back ache, my nipples are sensitive especially when I squeeze them a little and I know this is kinda gross but I was constipated for a few days.

Its gonna be a long two days..I cant wait.

Aww amazing congratulations!! I was also a crazy tester but it makes us happy so its all good. Enjoy ypur pregnancy its a magical experience xx

Well I told everyone I would post an update when I went to the doctor on friday. She said I am "indeed pregnant". I was 5 weeks 2 days but 6 weeks today! I figured we wouldnt see anything because I'm so early but I just wanted some confirmation. I have another appointment set up for the 19th so hopefully by then we should hear a heartbeat. I'm so nervous. Every day that goes by I fear I'm going to miscarry so I keep going to the bathroom to check. No bleeding or anything though so that's a good sign.

Picture below:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"