First response sensitivity miu

verysexy

Reaction score
well since im having positive thick lines on ept, clearblue, fact plus and rite aid brand and negative first response i decided to call first response just now. I am told by multiple people on the phone that their test doesnt measure in MIU'S and there is no sensitivity level. Clearblue and the other blue dye tests measure 25 miu.
Has anyone heard this about first response before? i thought they were supposed to measure the lowest, now the hotline is telling me they dont measure in MIU'S?!..

have you got pics from other tests

yes heres one of clearblue i took about a week ago, its about 50% darker in person. as you can see in the first picture its the same color as the line going across in the plus sign which is dark in person, the pictures are blurry and my camera phone takes horrible pictures. i had someone not pregnant pee on one of the two fact plus tests i had gotten a dark positive on yesterday, and theirs was completetly stark white NEGATIVE

Attachments

• clrblu8.jpg
    clrblu8.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 113
  • clrbluepic9.jpg
    clrbluepic9.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 107
please be careful with those tests hun, i have seen at least 5 people with lines like yours get their period this week, they turned out to be nasty evaps. One girl got a line like that then went out and bought a pink dye test only to get AF while wiping, they are known for horrible evaps, and if a clear blue is showing positive then a frer should as well. im not saying your not im just saying be careful!x x

i know but im not testing early. im over two weeks late with alot of pregnancy symptoms for the past month already

well then if a frer is testing negative i would go with that hun.

if u are 2 weeks late, u should have a line on frer. :( go get bloods.

do a digi test that way you will know for sure, but i wouldnt trust that test, if you were 2 weeks late and pregnant a frer would defo be +ive.

I am sorry you aren't able to get any answers. With the blue dye tests, they have a tendancy to have nasty evaps!
Here are pictures of my Answer tests (very similar to FRER) and my bloods never got any higher than 36. They stayed around 27 prior to mc.
Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon! :hugs:

Attachments

• test #1.jpg
    test #1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 184
if i look at the back of the first response test, after i open it the matte side there is a dent in the test and right next to it an extremely faint line with hardly any color, not sure if thats a faint positive or not

can you get a digi hun? that way you will know for sure.

yes, my blood test results should be back in a few days and then ill know for sure

Hun if you are two weeks late there may be a more serious problem like a missed miscarriage - I would be in the doctors office asap.

In my experience, blue dyes will pick up pregnancy before a FRER will, but only by 12 hours or so, and ALL blue dye results should be backed up with pink or digi - if you are getting negatives on FRER, I would go with that - and to be honest, I'm willing to bet that a digi will register negative as well if you are getting negatives on FRER. Sorry hun :(

FRER sensitivity ranges from 6miu to 25miu - they are at minimum 25. If those lines on that blue-dye are for real and not a chemical or MMC, you would be getting lines on FRER. . .HcG should double every 24-48 hours, by 6 weeks pregnant not only should you have blazing lines, but a day or so after the blue dyes you should be getting stronger lines on both them and on FRER.

I have a theory that blue dyes also pick up progesterone a bit - women before AF have more progesterone (that is what causes PMS/Preggo symptoms) and maybe that's why you are getting lines but your friend didn't? Who knows. A LOT of people get lines on blue dye tests and later find out that it was not a real line.

I AM hoping for your sake that I'm wrong, but a whole two weeks after your missed AF I'm worried for you that something more serious is going on. Best of luck!

is it possible that you ovulated later than you think and your not really 2 weeks late?

If you are really 2 weeks late I think you should be getting darker lines. But trying a digi would be your best bet, since it will just tell you yes or no. No squinting and comparing lines.

im not exactly two weeks late. i am estimating, my periods come about every 20ish days and im about 10 days late. I ovulate about a week after my period comes since i was about 12

well maybe you ovulated later this cycle? only i track ovulation by opks and temping i would be sure i ovulated over 3 wks ago but i didnt I know for a fact that even though my last LMP was over 6wks ago im only 4 wks pregnant cos i ovulated late.

its possible but i always know when im ovulating by twinging pains on one side and by discharge changing. hmm so that would mean im about around 4 weeks then if i am? that'd be about around 30ish days, maybe sooner.

if you ovulated later and your only 4 weeks that would explain the tests! but if you are 6wks pregnant then the tests would be strong positives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->