• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

first scan today at 9w1d

vids

Reaction score
nervous and excited to have my first scan today, well actually today is the first doc appt and i hope they'll do a scan!

not sure what else to expect.

I'm also a bit nervous about the transvaginal scan since I've read some posts here that they can be quite painful :(

anyone else getting scans today/this week? let me know how it goes

Transvaginal scans dont hurt hun, well at least i dont think they do! And at 9 weeks i dont think you'll need a vaginal scan anyway hunni they should be able to find your baby from scanning your tummy at this stage, dont worry yourself hun hope your scan goes well xxx

My internal hurt but I don't think you have to worry about that at 9 wks. Good luck today hun!!

thank you both!
hope i get away with the normal scan :haha:

Don't be afraid of the internal scan if you end up needing one. They don't hurt and you can usually see the teeny babe much clearer that close. Good luck!

Best of luck! I'm anxious for my first scan next week!

The internal isn't bad, they usually use a ton of lube so it doesn't hurt and you get really good views too. If you are a thin person, they might be able to get a good view over your tummy. :)

Im a plus size mummy and i got a scan at 8w2d and they only done a scan on my tummy found baby no probs,

i just got back from the doc appt !!!
See attached scan, omg i'm so excited !:happydance:

Doc saw a strong heart beat and was happy about that.
I thought i was 9w1d, but according to her measurement i'm at 8w2d

Finally sinking in that I'm really pregnant and carrying a baby

Attachments

• 20131028_122343.jpg
    20131028_122343.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 33
Congrats!!

I should be 8w3d when I get my first scan this thursday. Hope my image is as clear as yours!

Did they do abdominal or transvaginal?

Best of luck hun.

Please let me know if they do a trans-vaginal or not. In two weeks time I shall be nearly 9 weeks and hoping they do NOT do a trans-vaginal.

I think it depends on the woman as to if trans-vaginal hurt or not.
For me particularly, I have a high lying cervix, which means they have to go in further, even standard speculums are not long enough to open me enough to look at my cervix...
It's part of the reason I don't keep track on my cervix changes through the cycles - I just can't reach it most of the time :haha:

IF you get away with an abdominal scan please can you let me know on your figure? :blush:
I'm quite a large woman and I suspect that they may have struggles finding the baby so might need to do a trans-vaginal anyway...
That said I'm not that big... just a bit... errr chubby you could say :blush:

best of luck hunny, IF it is an internal scan the best thing you can do is to breathe, try to relax (it hurts more if you tense up) and to look at the screen to remind yourself 'no pain, no gain' I mean, just look at the whole labour thing :blush::dohh:

Take care hun!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->