First scan tomorrow. Terrified. UPDATE!

lovenoel

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is my first scan. I'll be 6w4d and I am desperately hoping to see a hb. I had some definite nausea a few days ago but it has lulled and I've been feeling almost nothing the past couple days except for some cramping at night and burping a lot. The nausea going away has messed with my head (but to be honest, I would likely be a hot mess for tomorrow anyway).

I am so terrified that things aren't going well in there and that they will tell me it's a blighted ovum or they won't be able to find a hb. My husband is coming with me tomorrow and is telling me not to worry as there's nothing we can do about it either way, but I'm really having trouble staying calm. This is my first pregnancy and I am just so afraid that I will get bad news tomorrow. Any words of wisdom?

Easier said then done im sure but try to relax, wish you all the best tomorrow. I was petrified on my first borns scan its only natural. xx

I felt the same way last week, terrified, because my previous pregnancy didn't have a hb. It was beyond devastating. This time, she couldn't find the baby instantly and I panicked! Then, she found it with a nice hb. If the tech doesn't find it right away, try to remain calm. She will find it. :).

I know you just commented on my thread. I should add that I have barely had any nausea. I have thrown up twice (once last night and once a week ago). My only other symptom was cramps from about 4 weeks to 5 weeks. I was sure something was wrong too. Just think positive.

Cramps, burps and passing gas :)blush:) were my main symptoms early on. Then came very, very slight nausea and a tiny bit of sore bbs. My symptoms never really were super obvious (well, looking back I was SUPER tired compared to now).

Don't worry...I know, easier said than done. During my dating scan I about jumped off the bed when I finally heard the heartbeat. The doctor took her sweet time looking around and even muttered, "ok, where are you?". I about died of fright right there. But then, there was baby front and center on the screen.

Best of luck!!! Fx

We can be first time ultrasound buddies because I go for my first scan tomorrow morning too! I was so excited two days ago when I found out that my levels were good but then I spent all day today worrying. I am praying that our scans go so so well put our fears to rest. Can't wait to see your ultrasound picture!

Thank you everyone for your reassuring words. The scan is at 1pm EST and I am awake already! Of course I woke up with 0 symptoms...no gas, bloating, and the slightly sore boobs I had have all vanished. I am going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I am hoping that everyone who has a scan today gets good news, but I can't help but feel pessimistic about mine.

Well, I'm home...and we saw our little Facehugger!

Measured 6 weeks and 5 days, so 1 day ahead of what I thought - and saw a heartbeat of 136 bpm. It was so surreal to see it flickering away on the screen. Ultrasound tech said that everything looks good so far. She started out doing an abdominal and we actually did get to see it with that, but she switched to vaginal and the picture was much better.

I have to add that as soon as we got in the car to come home I was almost doubled over with nausea. I think I convinced myself that my symptoms were disappearing because I was so afraid. I know we're not home free by any means, but for today at least...I'm excited and happy.

Attachments

• 20140109130809031 a.jpg
    20140109130809031 a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
Well, I'm home...and we saw our little Facehugger!

Measured 6 weeks and 5 days, so 1 day ahead of what I thought - and saw a heartbeat of 136 bpm. It was so surreal to see it flickering away on the screen. Ultrasound tech said that everything looks good so far. She started out doing an abdominal and we actually did get to see it with that, but she switched to vaginal and the picture was much better.

I have to add that as soon as we got in the car to come home I was almost doubled over with nausea. I think I convinced myself that my symptoms were disappearing because I was so afraid. I know we're not home free by any means, but for today at least...I'm excited and happy.

Big congrats! Try your best to relax and enjoy it :D:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->