First time Mummys?

Angel1990x

Reaction score
Is there any other first time mummys out there that are freaking out, full of advice or just confused?
I don't want to be the only one ... hehehe xx

This is my first, (A baby girl!) And I'm so excited, but im also so scared and freaking out ... she's due in 10 weeks and i just don't feel ready ... I'm scared of labour, being usless or not been able to feed or comfort her ... and I've been assured every new mum goes through these worries and its normal to feel freaked out and everything will be fine, but i thought I'd make a post for all us new mummys to rant, vent, and share advise and fears to support each other. :hugs: xxx

Hey there! I'm Bree and I'm 36+3 with my first! Who is also a little girl!

I know how you feel about not knowing what to expect for birth or with baby! I've been trying to read up on the internet as much as possible to find out all the things I need to know, about labour at least and have my antenatal class on Saturday (in my area they don't hold them over a period of weeks, just a one day course.) so I'm hoping that will prepare me a little.

I'm sure you will be a wonderful Mumma! I'm imagining it's something that takes getting used to, practice and a whole load of perseverance but is something that will be totally rewarding and wonderful at the end of the day!

I'm a first time mummy, too. A girl. I go through lots of feelings depending on the day. Some times I'm super excited, some times scared, some times overwhelmed. You aren't alone!

I'm a first time mom too :) mine is a boy, and will be here sometime next week! For me it still just doesn't seem real! I can't imagine that I will be holding him in less than a week... I'm very excited it just doesn't seem like the end could possibly be here already! I've watched tons of birth videos on YouTube and asked everyone I know who has recently given birth for advice... I would like to think I'm prepared but I know Its impossible. I live in a small town in the US, and if we have any birthing classes nobody seems to know about them haha so I'm kind of just going in blindly and hoping everything goes quickly and smoothly. I am having an elective induction (since he is due the week of Christmas) at 39 weeks, and I will be having an epidural.

I'm a ftm too....and absolutely terrified. A little over 5 weeks left and a bunch of crazy stressful stuff going on to deal with before that. Birthing classes aren't even an option for me, so I'm just going to go with the flow, it's not something you can really practice for anyway. My biggest concern about labor right now is that I'm moving in with the inlaws in the next week and my MIL is set on the fact that I won't make it to my chosen hospital and if I go into labor with just her around, I'm going to have to call my own mother who lives 40 miles away to come get me and drive me 60 more miles to my hospital. So I'm hoping my OH will not be at work when baby decides to make an appearance orI might end up trying to drive my ownass tothe hospital. I live in a rural area, and with my risk of C-section being elevated, I don't want to leave my surgery in the incompetent hands of a county hospital.

I'm happy to see afew more first time mummys here!! :)

At the moment, I'm just struggling with my antenatal classes ... nowhere seems to allow my partner to come with me ... and i just can't leave him out, i want him envolved in everything and he also wants to learn, but with time ticking down we've been rushed into having to pay for expensive classes ...

I'm personally starting to feel alittle fed up of been pregnant now, I'm excited to meet my princess, but right now i feel fat, sick, tired, achy and just fed up ... i just can't wait to have her here!!
Anyone else feeling like this? :)

I've had my head buried in every book trying desperately to learn how to be the 'perfect' mum, and my own mum gave me a lovely peice of advice ...

she said "go with the flow, every mum is perfect in the eyes of their baby, and thats the only approval you'll ever need."
i wanted to share this with you all as it always makes me smile when i think about it.

xxx

Me! :hi: I'm expecting my first on January 10th, a boy :baby:
I also go through phases of very different feelings, but right now DH and I have a lot of things going on and the part of me that wants to nest and prepare for baby is frustrated because we just haven't had the time. So that makes me more nervous for baby's arrival. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if LO decided to hold on for a week or two lol... of course I'm not sure I'll be saying that come week 39 :dohh:

I already had my little girl but want to reassure you ladies it will come to you! I was absolutely terrified to be alone with my LO. But it was not bad. Granted, my baby has a lot of issues and cries a lot, but she is growing and those smiles make everything better! Hang in there. I think most women experience what you all have. I remember laying in bed thinking "how am I gonna do this?" Then wake up the next day wishing her out! Lol good luck xx

FTM here too. I'm in week 30, so everything just started moving REALLY fast. Now I have to see my MW every two weeks. Finally was cleared of previa via scan where I saw LO's face in 3D! It was SO AMAZING... but also realAF.

Didn't get signed up for the class I wanted early enough, so had to sign up for the next round. Nervous about cutting it so close. Still have a lot to do. Need to take a BF class and basic child care.... I think.

And, we're meeting pediatricians. And I'm working on my hospital paperwork which includes a birth plan worksheet. I still need to sort out all that too, because IDK!!!

My "plan" was - baby comes out... Hopefully, via my vagina. Tuh-dah! However, here in Massachusetts, that plan is woefully inadequate. Apparently, I'm supposed to have a natural -planned in writing- birth, with a midwife but access to a doctor if necessary, preferably something involving water, where there are drugs if I need them (ie fail), and even with all of that a "doula is a must". Kangaroo care, breast feeding police Etc etc. Don't get me wrong.... I'm cool with all of that. But I was thinking more ale carte than full subscription.

So yeah.... I'm pretty much pooing my pants over EVERYTHING. I'm absolutely terrified of the birth part. I hate doctors. I hate people touching me. I hate hospitals. I only like a fraction of the people I meet, and of those ...trust even fewer. Yes, my sign is Cancer.

I keep reminding myself that it's normal and that most of my "problems" are good ones to have. Shame on me. But still.... I'm scared!

meeee, I'm 33 weeks with a baby boy, I'm not really nervous at the moment but I'm sure the closer I get to delivery I will be. I think just not knowing what to expect gets me, will it hurt? how long will I be in labor? will the epidural hurt? things like that

meeee, I'm 33 weeks with a baby boy, I'm not really nervous at the moment but I'm sure the closer I get to delivery I will be. I think just not knowing what to expect gets me, will it hurt? how long will I be in labor? will the epidural hurt? things like that

My IV hurt worse than my epirdural! :thumbup:

I know that feeling ... i have the same worries runniing through my head ... im so excited, but I'm sooooo nervous!!! Xx

so how many of you ladies have packed for the hospital already? that is the only thing left on my list of to do things to prepare for LO and I have no clue what to pack

First timer here. I'm excited and thrilled but definitely freaked out! Babies are so much responsibility! DH and I call "Not it!" to figure out who has to take the dogs out, how are we gonna handle a tiny dependent human??? My SIL swears that maternal instinct will kick in and it will be hard, but ok, so I'm just trying to trust her...

so how many of you ladies have packed for the hospital already? that is the only thing left on my list of to do things to prepare for LO and I have no clue what to pack

I'm due in less than a month and still haven't packed a bag yet. There are lots of threads around bnb with great suggestions as to what to pack but ladies have told me it can also differ between hospitals as to what they give you/don't give you so you're best to check with them as far as baby stuff goes.

I'm going to just pack light - some snacks, a few pairs of PJ's, old undies, dressing gown and slippers as well as toiletries. Going home outfit for me and baby, headphones, phone charges etc.

I'm due on the 12th of February but I've started buying bits for my hospital bag.
Its still not quite ready but I'm starting to think i need to have it done n ready by now... I'm also going through nesting, which is driving everyone including myself up the wall. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->