First time posting - 42 - and high fsh

Hi, Lisa 2010 - thank you for your post, and I am so sorry for MCs :( Could you please tell me what fertility meds you took. My "old doc" briefly mentioned clomid, but does that work in high FSH case? What vitamins are you taking? I've read about soy isoflavones. Im just so confused and feel like i dont know where to start. I would also like DH to take some supplements. we are both OLD biddies. I just upped my exercise and im TRYING to eat healthier. Does it sound odd that im afraid to speak to my doctor? im afraid to find out anymore that is going to discourage me! i dont want them to tell me flat out it's unlikely to happen. I just want to keep believing it will. I've never been one to shut thoughts out, but now i want to. I just feel so sad. I hope we are both soon blessed. :hugs:

thank you :hugs: my doc skipped over clomid and femara because he knew that I wouldn't respond to them and started me off with injections. FSH injections (Follistim). I would then do a Trigger shot (Ovidrel) to induce ovulation and then the IUI (https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/insemination-procedures-for-infertility) 36hrs later...

I actually took Soy this cycle. cd3-7 and did 120mg, 120mg, 160mg, 160mg, 200mg. I O'd on cd14 and am 5dpo.

this is my list of vitamins:
1. Prenatal vitamins
2. Extra Folic Acid
3. Omega-3 (1000 mg) stop once bfp
4. CoQ-10 (200 mg) - stop once bfp
5. DHEA supplements (I've read really great success stories on DHEA especially with women who have been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve) - stop once bfp
6. Vitamin D (1000 mg) stop once bfp
7. Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc combo vitamin - stop once bfp

someone mentioned about hubby taking vitamins on here I think, Ive read Zinc, Coq10, and L-Arginine are great for sperm...

oh gosh girl, no it doesn't sound odd at all that you're scared to ask your doc, I was that way too until I just couldn't take it anymore and wanted to know why I wasn't getting pregnant... I took my diagnosis really hard but my doc was optimistic and it made me feel a little better. you'll have your own epiphany and you'll be ready for anything :hugs:

I'll continue to believe until I am proven that it wont ever happen.... faith is all I have now... :hugs:

:hugs: I am so sorry you are feeling sad :hugs: I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better :hugs:

I will say a prayer for you :hugs:

:hugs: I pray that we blessed soon too :hugs:

:dust::hugs:
Hi, Lisa 2010 - thank you for your post, and I am so sorry for MCs :( Could you please tell me what fertility meds you took. My "old doc" briefly mentioned clomid, but does that work in high FSH case? What vitamins are you taking? I've read about soy isoflavones. Im just so confused and feel like i dont know where to start. I would also like DH to take some supplements. we are both OLD biddies. I just upped my exercise and im TRYING to eat healthier. Does it sound odd that im afraid to speak to my doctor? im afraid to find out anymore that is going to discourage me! i dont want them to tell me flat out it's unlikely to happen. I just want to keep believing it will. I've never been one to shut thoughts out, but now i want to. I just feel so sad. I hope we are both soon blessed. :hugs:

thank you :hugs: my doc skipped over clomid and femara because he knew that I wouldn't respond to them and started me off with injections. FSH injections (Follistim). I would then do a Trigger shot (Ovidrel) to induce ovulation and then the IUI (https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/insemination-procedures-for-infertility) 36hrs later...

I actually took Soy this cycle. cd3-7 and did 120mg, 120mg, 160mg, 160mg, 200mg. I O'd on cd14 and am 5dpo.

this is my list of vitamins:
1. Prenatal vitamins
2. Extra Folic Acid
3. Omega-3 (1000 mg) stop once bfp
4. CoQ-10 (200 mg) - stop once bfp
5. DHEA supplements (I've read really great success stories on DHEA especially with women who have been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve) - stop once bfp
6. Vitamin D (1000 mg) stop once bfp
7. Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc combo vitamin - stop once bfp

someone mentioned about hubby taking vitamins on here I think, Ive read Zinc, Coq10, and L-Arginine are great for sperm...

oh gosh girl, no it doesn't sound odd at all that you're scared to ask your doc, I was that way too until I just couldn't take it anymore and wanted to know why I wasn't getting pregnant... I took my diagnosis really hard but my doc was optimistic and it made me feel a little better. you'll have your own epiphany and you'll be ready for anything :hugs:

I'll continue to believe until I am proven that it wont ever happen.... faith is all I have now... :hugs:

:hugs: I am so sorry you are feeling sad :hugs: I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better :hugs:

I will say a prayer for you :hugs:

:hugs: I pray that we blessed soon too :hugs:

Your strength makes me feel stronger!! thank you!! I think i may try the soy... maybe on my own first, THEN have my epiphany and see the doc again :) thanks soooo much!!!! I am praying for us all!!!!! :hugs::dust:

Hi Even my FSH is 43.. So is there a way to reduce it.. Longing to build a family now almost with tears...

Tysia and Sabrinakart-Thank you both so much for posting to give us High FSHers hope. It really means alot. Tysia-Praying for you with goosebumps.

Mary-I just want to say that I read Inconceivable and I was very overwhelmed by the diet changes that were made also. It seemed like it would be too time comsuming and expensive for me. I ended up reading the follow up book The Fertile Female and found that to be a better resource. The mind-body-spirit connection helps me to get grounded and still follow my longing for another child while believing it is possible. The imagery exercises have been a Godsend on difficult days.

As far as the food goes I saw a Natrupath and had some Food allergies tested as well and discovered that Gluten was an irritant for me. I am 5 days into a gluten free diet. (I already want to quit, LOL) The way I see it I want to give my body more energy so that it has extra for reproduction.

My FSH is 46. I can't wait to post my success story on here. : )
Baby dust to all.

Nivitha-I know how you feel. Really, I do. The thing is, though, I decided that I can feel sorry for myself or empower myself by determining that no ones fate is sealed regardless of what Dr's may say. Honestly, I didn't always feel this way and there are days I want to give up, but something tells me that a pregnancy is possible even though my body often says "Game over, sister". I strongly suggest reading the books I mentioned and even more helpful would be to attend a fertile heart workshop (It's in Woodstock, NY) I went and I live in Ohio. It really helped me to follow my longing and not give up. I would post a link, but I don't think it will work but if you google fertile heart there is a link to the workshop. Good luck! It CAN happen for you too! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->