First time user OPK's :( Help please!!!

Mishy30

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!!

I've recently began using OPK's and both the DH and I are confused because 'we' think we are getting positives but if that were the case i would have been O'ing for the past week (hehe if only :dohh:) If you could take a look and give me any tips etc it would be MUCH appreciated.

My cycles are usually 31-32 days but i recently had a HSG test (clearing of left tube, right tube is blocked) and wanted to test early.

Test brand is First Response!!!

Thanks again and :dust: to all of us :thumb up:

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 47
Ooops i forgot to mention that I have been testing around 12 - 1pm everyday as advised :)

its hard to tell from the pic but none of them look like a true positive as the test line looks lighter than the control line

in real life you would know better with the darkness

it looks as though you body is trying to ov but hasnt quite done it yet, this is why most pple temp as it confirms it once ov has taken place

I would advise to "get busy" with your OH, just in case it turns positive overnight

your welcome hunny

good luck and get off the internet and go bd!!!!!!

:thumbup: :rofl:

what are you doing answering me - you should be "busy" by now lol

lol what is there to plan

just go to the room where OH is, and pounce!!!!!!!

That's the problem :/ DH is in the shower :) ... Last time THAT happened it almost ended in the emergency room !!! oh wait here he is :)

lol yeah i wouldnt recomend that unless you can hold onto something for balance :rofl:

Dear Mr OH
Please take Mishy away from this pc and do your thing with her as shes very very close to ov;ing and needs your sperm so that their ready for the egg when it drops

Thank you

hiya hun

just wondered how the OPKs are going today?

Heya Pinky

Did an OPK around 2 and even though line is a bit darker than yesterday its still not as dark as the control line :( it has to be soon though jeez lol how is your day treating you?

sometimes it can take a few days - how long have you been trying?

im ok thanks, felt sick, got major backache, food tastes like metal, pain in chest - so i went back to bed and slept most of the day lol

I hear ya sister ... Okay well just the going back to bed stuff lol but in a round about way it sounds promising! When can you start testing???

i have a short LP of 10 or 11 days so af is due sat - i might just wait until then to test

but i just went for a pee and there was a tiny tiny tiny bit of blood in it which im hoping is implantation bleed

how long have you been ttc?

Since 2008 but we took a year and a bit off because it was getting so frustrating :( got back in the game June 11 but still nothing :( I had a HSG done 20 Feb which shows my left tube is fine but my right tube is ornamental !!! I have an appt with my OB tomorrow to see what were going to do next!!!!

Hi ladies!!!

I've recently began using OPK's and both the DH and I are confused because 'we' think we are getting positives but if that were the case i would have been O'ing for the past week (hehe if only :dohh:) If you could take a look and give me any tips etc it would be MUCH appreciated.

My cycles are usually 31-32 days but i recently had a HSG test (clearing of left tube, right tube is blocked) and wanted to test early.

Heya, this is my first month doing OPK test's too... I have read and asked MANY questions. I started using the Baby4you pee on a stick tests but didn't find them accurate enough so paid for the more expensive ones CB. So much easier to read - gives you a O for no LH surge and a :) for a positive LH surge. They recommend to test at about 4pm - as you produce LH in the morning but doesn't actually show up until the afternoon with 4pm being your prime time. After a +OPK you can O anytime from 8-36 hours afterwards. You tend to O 14 days before your next period... In my case I have a 30-31 day cycle I got a +OPK on Saturday and ovulated on Saturday - due for period on the 10th... I hope that helps... also the tests you are doing - the control line needs to be the same colour as the control line or darker :) happy BD :happydance:

Since 2008 but we took a year and a bit off because it was getting so frustrating :( got back in the game June 11 but still nothing :( I had a HSG done 20 Feb which shows my left tube is fine but my right tube is ornamental !!! I have an appt with my OB tomorrow to see what were going to do next!!!!

awwww i wish you tons of luck for your appt - please let me know what they say xx

Hi ladies!!!

Heya, this is my first month doing OPK test's too... I have read and asked MANY questions. I started using the Baby4you pee on a stick tests but didn't find them accurate enough so paid for the more expensive ones CB. So much easier to read - gives you a O for no LH surge and a :) for a positive LH surge. They recommend to test at about 4pm - as you produce LH in the morning but doesn't actually show up until the afternoon with 4pm being your prime time. After a +OPK you can O anytime from 8-36 hours afterwards. You tend to O 14 days before your next period... In my case I have a 30-31 day cycle I got a +OPK on Saturday and ovulated on Saturday - due for period on the 10th... I hope that helps... also the tests you are doing - the control line needs to be the same colour as the control line or darker :) happy BD :happydance:

the only true way of knowing when you have ov'd is to temp - opks or digitals just tell you when you have an LH surge, it doesnt mean that you have ov'd.

Although temping tells you after the fact, over a cycle or two you get to see the signs of it happening

whether you use opks or digi's - once you get a positive, you have between 12-36 hours before the egg is released

@Happywtwoboys - Thanks girl these things have me so confused and i hope your having better luck with yours :) I would like my periods to be a bit more predictable (which they were before i moved to USA) It's obviously taking it's time to get over jet lag haha

@Pinky - Aww thanks hun!!! Will def update you on whatever the doc tells me today!!! Were crossing our fingers for good news and some solutions :) How are you feeling today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->