First time using OPK's

lele316

Reaction score
Hi just recieved my OPK's in the mail and was planning on using them with my next cycle but decided to give one a try. According to period tracker app I was supposed to off ovulated on the 8th, but the result I got looks like it is almost a positive and I also have the extra wet feeling going on down there. Is this really almost a positive or am I thinking all wrong?

Photo_00008.jpg

OK ill be taking another one in a lil...guess my chart app things were way off have to make sure of those settings lol, thank you...I just wasnt sure if the gradually go back to negative too afterwards and it was just taking awhile and that was what I was seeing or if after you ovulate they just disappear

Ok ladies sorry to be a pain just not really sure
just so I know I am understanding all this with the OPK's right the line needs to be as dark as or darker then the control line right? So I am almost there but not yet right?
Photo_00009.jpg

Hey hun. To get a positive on an OPK the test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line :) Looks like you're very nearly positive to me! x

i would say hate but that such a harsh word so ill say dislike....

i dislike these opks very much i seemed to always have a dark line with them just like your picture but only determining factor was that when i got my positive with them the test line "developed" at the same rate as the control line. ...otherwise they just all looked pretty close to me. after 3 months of saving and reviewing progression and all that BS i have switched brands to a less sensitive one. i wasted a whole bunch of cb digis those cycles too. last cycle i used 2 cb digis only because couldnt beleive it so i had to dip another one just to make sure lol

i would say hate but that such a harsh word so ill say dislike....

i dislike these opks very much i seemed to always have a dark line with them just like your picture but only determining factor was that when i got my positive with them the test line "developed" at the same rate as the control line. ...otherwise they just all looked pretty close to me. after 3 months of saving and reviewing progression and all that BS i have switched brands to a less sensitive one. i wasted a whole bunch of cb digis those cycles too. last cycle i used 2 cb digis only because couldnt beleive it so i had to dip another one just to make sure lol

Ok good to know thank you...what brand did you find is better if you don't mind me asking

there are two i like so far - the first ones are a no name brand from ebay seller oops688 but i did get a couple tests that were invalid but i knew they were invalid immedialtey because the control line didnt get dark, the only problem is they are wayy flimsy & thin compared to the wondfos.

and then the brand i am using now is called babi one step ovulation test by blue cross medical. they are thin but have some weight to them so they arent that flimsy. i got those on ebay as well because i had ebay bucks from something dh bought and the only reason i went with the babi brand is because the seller oops688 is on vacation until march 8th so my ebay bucks would have expired by then but i like them as well. i havent gotten my positive yet but they are comparable to the no name brand and now that i know to look for it to "develop" i am confident they are just the same.

i would use the wondfos again dont get me wrong...they work...but i couldnt stand the dark lines every single day it was driving me crazy. and my dh thought i was crazy saving and taping them to index cards lol he just wants to see the smiley lol but i had to figure something out because i didnt want to go broke using cb digi's everyday either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJylSFaSwM

here is a good example of what i am talking about when i say "develop" you can skip to 1:34 if you dont want to wait to hear what she says

Ok thank you very much its so confusing when you first start with the OPK's lol yeah I would spend sooo much on digi's thats why I'm trying not to do those lol

yeah ive been using them since september even tho we didnt officially start ttc until jan. and it wasnt until the jan cycle that i was like ok i got this figured out now.

took me a couple cycles to figure out that i will only get a smiley at 12:30 in the afternoon that was nervewracking bc i was like wth this thing is for sure positive at 10:30 am but no smiley...got my smiley and pos ic opk at 12:30 and no smiley again by 2 pm..so i have a very short surge too.

hopefully you just get your BFP right away and that will solve it LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->